Friday Motivation - age 45 before and age 54 after

Options

Replies

• DeeNyceRN
    DeeNyceRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing your journey and pictures with us!
  • ChiffonLaRue14
    ChiffonLaRue14 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the inspiration!!!! You are amazing :)
  • jwschutz
    jwschutz Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Incredible, great work!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    dufus12 wrote: »
    Gives me hope.....but honestly, I'd be happy to look like your before pic!!!

That wasn't my highest weight but I liked that the colors matched. But also, we constantly change the bar. I can remember saying "I'd be happy to get to such and such", then you get there and you change the bar, or change your goals. We all have to have something to move towards constantly. But the happiness needs to start NOW, wherever you are at, because strangely reaching the goal isn't the sole source of happines - some of it is actually in the journey - so embrace that and the happiness you now have and it will stay with you. <3

<3 You're a wonderful inspiration :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Have a wonderful weekend everyone <3<3<3
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You are my hero. I'm 45 now and your proof that I can do it. Congrats and thanks for posting.
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    You are all welcome. Happy Saturday!!! <3B)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Excellent lass.
  • kjb678
    kjb678 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    very inspiring!
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    Thanks! lol now it's happy SUNDAY!!! <3<3
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Very inspiring!
  • Sunshine1337
    Sunshine1337 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm in that special group of post menopause & working at losing weight. I'm 65 and have lost 37 lbs since January this year. It has been a struggle but worth every bit of it! I joined a gym and go 6 days a week. I try to incorporate as many different exercises & classes as possible.....including TRX and beginning belly dancing! Hey, got to make this journey fun! I have about 80 more to go so I need constant motivation and commitment. I'm eating very healthy and pretty clean at about 1250 calories a day. Truly appreciated your story as it gets harder the older we get BUT can be done! Your pics are awesome! Thank you for inspiring me.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Wonderful--what a great story. I just turned 53, started lifting 6 months ago, and know that it'll probably take a couple years of slow bulk/cut (am trying to cut now) to show a significant change. Your story helps me hang in there!!!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Goals! Amazing transformation. You look marvelous! :smiley:
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    Excellent transformation and excellent advice............at 65 I can tell all of you that it's never too late!

Wow..have you posted any pics?
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Roberta-BnA-age-45-age-54-It-didnt-happen-overnight_zpsiarjus9k.jpg

It is always kind of fun to put a recent after picture next to a before picture. It makes me wish I had more before pictures.

Don't beat yourself up with before pictures. Just put them aside and do what you gotta do.

Everything in our past serves a purpose.

It did not happen overnight.

It did not happen without lots of mistakes and experiments.

It's almost an art.

It's so simple (exercise and amount of food), yet it is so complex regarding the energy balance for each of us individually.

We are all unique special snowflakes yet we are also not.

We are not in that it's the extra food that makes us gain weight. End of story. If that were not the case we would have the cure for starvation in our magically little body.

This is why never giving up is crucial.

This is why what works for another person may not work for you.

What makes it even more complicated is that it ebbs and flows with each day, each week, each season.

What worked yesterday may not work today.

What works when you have significant body fat doesn't work when you get super lean.

And then you have the various seasons of life.

Contrary to belief that a female in mid life is doomed to being overweight, it has actually been the best time for me to gain muscle and stay leaner. The less estrogen actually helps. The fluctuating estrogen is a PITA for me regarding stress and sleep, but it's an ordeal I must face.

There is always something NOT FAIR. We just have to roll with it.

The habits of eating healthy and exercise on a regular basis have served me well. Even if I did much of it wrong most of my life!

Just keep going. Don't be afraid to try something new, especially something that you right now say "I can't". Of course you can't, 'cuz you said you can't.

This is how we do it!!

BOOM!

Never give up
    Never settle
    Live your dream

Roberta

FABULOUS!!!!!!
  • asimonep
    asimonep Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Now that's motivation. Thanks for posting this since I'm 45 and am struggling with slow weight gain due to age. I know it can be done and I have to be patient.
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    YAY!!!! <3<3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!