No More Trouble Zones (Jillian Michaels) question

Options
ashmx250
ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
Hey everyone, I have been doing no more trouble zones for a while now (along with some other Jillian M workouts) and I feel it has really benifited me. But since I don't have a heart rate monitor I was wondering how many calories any of you have burned while doing it? Can you also give your height and weight? I know it's different for every person so thats why I'm asking- I want to figure out an average. I feel like when I log my exercises I'm either helping myself by putting in a low number when I might be burning more than that, or hurting myself by putting in too high of a number when I might not actually have burned that much. So here I am afraid to eat more than 1000 calories per day because I dont REALLY know how much im burning during workouts... and that includes all the jillian workouts i have been doing. I just dont have like $300 for a heart rate monitor that I would actually trust. If any of you have tried various HRMs and know of any trustworthy ones in a decent price range feel free to recommend it! Thank you.

Replies

• littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I paid $20 for my HRM on Ebay [brand new], it is a Bowflex Precision XT, it works great.

Anyways, I am 5'11.75", 155, and I burn around 340-350 for a NMTZ workout. :)
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I paid 80 dollars for my polar FT4 and I absolutely love it. It got great reviews and I totally trust it. But before I got it- I would log it under circuit training, but not for a full 40 minutes. I would rather underestimate. I don't eat my calories back so that was fine for me, but if I were, I would rather eat a few less than eat a few over everyday. Good luck!!
  • ashmx250
    Options
    Wow that's quite a bit! I Only put myself down for burning around 215-225. And thanks for the recommendation on HRM Im thinking a cheaper hrm is better than no hrm! Does yours tell you how many calories you burn or do you have to figure that out on your own after it tells you your heart rate?
  • ashmx250
    Options
    I paid $20 for my HRM on Ebay [brand new], it is a Bowflex Precision XT, it works great.

Anyways, I am 5'11.75", 155, and I burn around 340-350 for a NMTZ workout. :)

Wow that's quite a bit! I Only put myself down for burning around 215-225. And thanks for the recommendation on HRM Im thinking a cheaper hrm is better than no hrm! Does yours tell you how many calories you burn or do you have to figure that out on your own after it tells you your heart rate?
  • nancymmorris
    nancymmorris Posts: 310
    Options
    I am on day 6 level 2 of 30 day shred. I am 5'4" 151 lbs and I burn 350-400 cal per session. You can by HRM's pretty inexpensive. I have a Timex and paid $50.
  • achapman01
    achapman01 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a Gaiam watch style HRM. it was $99 and works great. Good luck with your fitness goals and good job!
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It tells me how many calories I burn, it's great. Lots of bells and whistles, but I only use it for the calories burnt and for HIIT at the gym.
  • NanoReefDiver
    NanoReefDiver Posts: 153
    Options
    I have a Polar and absolutely love it! I burned 165 calories during today's session but I don't include warm up/cool down in the calorie count. I'm 5'7" and currently 130 pounds.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    bump
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    For NMTZ, I burn around 300 calories, according to my Polar FT7. I love my HRM! :love: Like someone else said, I'm sure there are many other features that I don't use, but I love watching my heart rate and calories. It also stores the data, so I can go back and see what I burned.

And I'm 5'8" and 145 pounds.
  • DollyFaceABC
    DollyFaceABC Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What's the average calorie burn for the warm-up alone?
  • AdeYossie
    AdeYossie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I only burn about 276-290 calories with this. :s
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    From the Jillian Michaels website, a 150 lb person burns about 300 calories in one session of NMTZ.
  • Maqui04
    Maqui04 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I dont have a HRM neither and i put 30 Day Shred like circuit training so how can i put the No more trouble zones? Can someone please tell me. Thanks!
  • agguru
    agguru Posts: 1
    Options
    Glad to see the information that the no more trouble zones burns 300 cal. I just recently tried that via YouTube. My favorite Jillian Michaels CD has to be shred it with weights. I love the kettle bell workouts! That coupled with eating more protein really helps.

Happy Exercising!
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I used a polar ft4 (I took it back, although I don't think there was anything wrong with it.) and I burned between 300-400 calories.
  • luvnikkic
    luvnikkic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar Loop, with the H7 Heart Rate Sensor attached for my workouts.

I'm 5'7, 206lbs (yikes) and I burn approx 376 calories for 50 mins - from warm up to cool down - all circuits in the DVD. :)
  • xo_jenny
    xo_jenny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am a bit heavier (5'7", ~185) and tend to burn between 380-400 during this workout using my HRM. My heart rate usually stays in the target range during the first 3-4 circuits and then drops off towards the end where it is mostly mat work. I love NMTZ!!