Binge

Options
What do you do if and when you have a binge?

I just scoffed 7 chocolate biscuits! Not sure if I want to try to burn it off or just live with it and do better tomorrow!

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    let it go and move on.

Trying to restrict afterwards or work it off in the gym will just start binging/restricting cycles.

Just re-set your goals and begin again.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    7 chocolate biscuits is not a binge.

A binge is defined as an outrageous amount of calories compared to other people, in one sitting. My lowest actual binge was about 4k cals in an hour, my highest? Likely well over 8-10k.

Actual binging requires psychological intervention.
  • Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    NerdyNix wrote: »

I just scoffed 7 chocolate biscuits! Not sure if I want to try to burn it off or just live with it and do better tomorrow!

Own it, track it, and then move on.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Lol 7 chocolate biscuits if FAR from a binge.

• annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That is not a binge...having a meal in my mother's house with tea and cake afterwards plus some chocolate and crisps as snacks...now thats a binge which I do maybe once a fortnight! ....and I love it lol
  • astrocosmiczoom
    astrocosmiczoom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water and go for a run to alleviate any crapping guilty feelings, then just continue as normal :)
  • ClumsyCreature
    ClumsyCreature Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Jaxxie1181 wrote: »
    NerdyNix wrote: »

Own it, track it, and then move on.

Couldn't agree more. Being honest with yourself is important!
    However I would say maybe try and do a little extra in your workouts for the next few days, even if it's just 10 mins extra for two days it all adds up.
    Also yeah, 7 biscuits is not the end of the world :D
  • Greenwaterwhitesand
    Greenwaterwhitesand Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider that a binge. It is too many calories. How much are you exercising? I almost never go over calories because I'm very active. Try to go for a long run and don't eat any more today
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    It's 600 calories and doesn't doesn't even put you over your daily calories. Hardly a binge.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    She didn't say anything about feeling out of control. She just said she ate 7 biscuits. Most people wouldn't classify that a binge in any way.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    One of my pet peeves is when someone tells someone else that what they consider a binge is not a binge. It's a binge to her...she ate something in excess and felt out of control about it. That is all that should matter IMO.

Except binge actually has a medical definition. 7 cookies do not fit into that definition, therefore not a binge.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider that a binge. It is too many calories. How much are you exercising? I almost never go over calories because I'm very active. Try to go for a long run and don't eat any more today

No. Adding in some activity? Yes, great idea. If it makes you feel better and is not a punishment. Not eating the rest of the day? No. Good way to lead into some disordered eating habits. Just eat normally the rest of the day, maybe go for some lighter options. But definitely eat. Certainly don't restrict bc of a few too many cookies.
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    shell1005 wrote: »
    One of my pet peeves is when someone tells someone else that what they consider a binge is not a binge. It's a binge to her...she ate something in excess and felt out of control about it. That is all that should matter IMO.

Except binge actually has a medical definition. 7 cookies do not fit into that definition, therefore not a binge.

Yeah sorry my 7 biscuits doesn't fit the Oxford English Dictionary definition of "binge", I was simply using it as a figure of speech to express that I ate something and I felt terrible afterwards. It's 600 calories which is almost half my daily intake. To me, that was a binge. It's going to put me over my daily intake after I've had my dinner.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and move on, I have struggled with this too
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    7 chocolate biscuits is not a binge.

A binge is defined as an outrageous amount of calories compared to other people, in one sitting. My lowest actual binge was about 4k cals in an hour, my highest? Likely well over 8-10k.

Actual binging requires psychological intervention.

^^ right here for me too.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    7 chocolate biscuits is not the end of the world and certainly not a binge, more like a little slip up.
    Obviously I don't know the exact biscuits you have had but based on a McVities Chocolate Digestive (1 biscuit is 83 calories) that is 581 calories.
    I have personally done this myself and my advice to you is to log it, then prelog a rough guess of your dinner (try to overestimate), see how much you are in the red and then get exercising to try and limit the damage. You never know after you have changed your prelogged dinner to accurate, you may even be in the green.
    Also if you fear that this will be a regular thing, but food bags and split the biscuits into bags of 2 and only take out 1 bag at a time.