Anyone try this diet? Any advice?

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    What happens on day 22?
  • shelbywilkerson319
    shelbywilkerson319 Posts: 21 Member
    What happens on day 22?

Don't really know....that's a good question.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    no …

just do the following..

put your stats into MFP and set it for one or .5 per week weight loss and eat to that number.
    get a food scale and weigh all solids
    log everything that you eat into MFP
    find a form of exercise you like and do it, or just find an activity you like and move more < not necessary but does help
    set your macros = protein/fats/carbs to 35% protein/35% carbs/30% fats
    and realize that no foods are bars and you can incorporate treats into your day like ice cream, pizza, cookies, etc , just stay within your calorie goal.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    General rule of thumb: ANYTHING that promises a quick fix or short length of time to success is not worth your attention. The truth about weight loss is that it takes time, effort, and perseverance. Put your numbers into MFP, learn about how you need to eat to stay at your calorie goal, and try, try, try. That's it. Read the sticky posts in each of the topics and educate yourself about what it takes to achieve success.
  • dalila747
    dalila747 Posts: 153 Member
    Never heard of it. If you need a kick start a specific diet isn't bad per se, but you need to have a plan for afterwards. Are you going to go back to things as usual? That's probably going to cause you to gain the weight back and then everything will have been for naught.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited May 2015
    What happens on day 22?

lol the eternal question

day 22:

frnxxym1.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    draznyth wrote: »
    What happens on day 22?

lol the eternal question

day 22:

frnxxym1.gif

that never has an answer..

the search continues...
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    shell1005 wrote: »
    In my opinion, no.

I find those little colored boxes that tell you what to eat absolutely silly. I think that logging your food and making sure you stay at a deficit is way more effective and hey...it's free!

And to answer the question, you keep doing rounds of 21 days until you get to the goal where you want to be.

The videos don't look bad, but they seem way overpriced. You can find Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and a lot of other programs on youtube for free.

If you can't tell...I am a fan of free.

I completely agree, I know people who are on it and they love it but I look at it and think *kitten* I'll save my $180.00 and use my food scale and you-tube for my workouts. I also don't believe in those shakes they want you to buy. That is also part of the Beach body workout/weight loss programs. I do understand some people don't know where to begin, but to that I say research and talk with your doctor or a dietitian.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    I agree no also, diets like that are fad diets which aren't the greatest, cause you just end up gaining everything back twice as fast, just keep working out and eating right and everything will come off in time, its a struggle but we all go though it :)
  • flatlandrunner
    flatlandrunner Posts: 54 Member
    shell1005 wrote: »
    In my opinion, no.

I find those little colored boxes that tell you what to eat absolutely silly. I think that logging your food and making sure you stay at a deficit is way more effective and hey...it's free!

And to answer the question, you keep doing rounds of 21 days until you get to the goal where you want to be.

The videos don't look bad, but they seem way overpriced. You can find Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and a lot of other programs on youtube for free.

If you can't tell...I am a fan of free.

I completely agree, I know people who are on it and they love it but I look at it and think *kitten* I'll save my $180.00 and use my food scale and you-tube for my workouts. I also don't believe in those shakes they want you to buy. That is also part of the Beach body workout/weight loss programs. I do understand some people don't know where to begin, but to that I say research and talk with your doctor or a dietitian.

Totally agree with the above- also one of the often unmentioned pitfalls of these plans is a lot of people don't know what to do after/how to maintain once they've achieved the goal.

For instance a friend of ours followed the "Ideal Protein" diet, lost a ton of weight but once he had achieved his target his options were to: figure out how to proceed on his own or keep paying big $$ to follow their program. Being a stingy person (not unlike myself) who was sick and tired of following the (seemingly) strict plan, he chose to figure it out on his own and proceeded to re-gain ALL of the 50+ lbs he lost over the course of a year because he hadn't educated himself on why he had gained the weight to begin with, nor how to maintain losses once achieved.

I would say to skip the diet plan and save the $$
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 333 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    What happens on day 22?

lol the eternal question

day 22:

frnxxym1.gif

that never has an answer..

the search continues...

Ok...that's funny...and how I feel when I have a terribly off Off-Plan day. :dizzy:

• lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    What happens on day 22?

lol the eternal question

day 22:

frnxxym1.gif

giphy.gif
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    I'm also on the 'no' wagon. If you plan on losing weight and keeping it off you should do it through a way which you can sustain on a day-to-day basis, otherwise you are just going to pile all that weight back on once you come off the diet and go back to eating how you did before.
  • zoe894
    zoe894 Posts: 17 Member
    My husband and I are going to try it. I just want the exercise videos because I'm already monitoring my portions and tracking on MFP. My husband wants to learn portion control and what a balanced diet looks like so he is excited for the diet plan. He doesn't want to be tracking calories constantly. Some we both can get some benefit from it we are giving it a try. I don't think it is sustainable long term, but the premise is that it takes 21 times for something to become a habit,so if we can get in to better habits after a round or 2 of the plan then I will feel like the $60 was with it.
  • 33abol150
    33abol150 Posts: 2 Member
    I am doing the exercise portion and using MFP to track calories. Like the exercises as some of them incorporate weights. Insanity, and other beachbody programs juse ust body weighted exercises.

The food containers, I can see if you use them, then put on a plate, you get a visual idea of portion sizes. I am amazed how many calories were in my typical plate of dinner. I use MFP to track now, but I can see a combination of both to learn. That way after the 21 days, you have hopefully learned portion sizes. Not control, but sizes, no one likes being controlled.

• ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Shelby, it is actually a very good program. The containers are used to help people understand what proper portion sizes should look like. It was designed for people who need to get a better handle on their eating, to figure out how much of each food group you should be eating. It isnt a quick fix program it is helping you establish better habits you can continue for the rest of your life but in a structured kind of way until you get a better understanding of what you are doing. The exercises are basic but really work you out and are good for all fitness levels.