Gained 5lbs lost back!

Options
I can't seem to get myself back on track. I recently have gone through a tough time and have gained 5 of the 25lbs I lost back and I am feeling so discouraged. I can't seem to shake them and lose them as quickly as I have in the past. I am depressed and it's just getting worse. I work out three days a week; turbo kick Monday and Wednesdays and Saturdays I lift. Any motivation or advice is appreciated.

Replies

• JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You need to really track what you are eating and log it accurately. That's what's holding you back. Late night trips to the kitchen with a spoon add up. Taking extra little bits here and there add up. You lost it once, you can do it again.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    ^^It's true, I ate probably 1000 calories over last night because of a tough time (I stopped counting after 400 over!) You need to just do it; log the food, use a food scale (these are amazing for accuracy) and measuring cups to do it. You will get in the habit of doing it and it will eventually become routine. Then you will have the control back that you are looking for.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I've been there. Even though I knew what I needed to do, it is hard to make yourself decide to go do it. All I know to do is to make myself do it, even though I don't want to or I think it might not be necessary.
  • NHJuice
    NHJuice Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have just entered a life changing situation. I am finding that the routine of workdays really helps. It is more difficult on the weekends. I try to exercise every day because it makes such difference in the amount of calories you can have. I use a Fitbit in conjunction with this food diary. They work together. Don't forget to build in some non-food rewards for each success. Not just weight loss, but also for logging in, working out, resisting a big recurring temptation... Focus on your successes. Sometimes maintaining when you are under stress is a measure of success. Get enough sleep, drink lots of water, and be kind to yourself. When your stress is reduced, you will be once again successful.
  • laniebug79
    laniebug79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! It is just so hard to get back into the routine after being out for so long.
  • ddmusica
    ddmusica Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. Sometimes it's one minute at a time! You can do it.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I think about my clothes that I want to fit into. 20 lbs would put me out of most of them.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I've put the same 5 lbs on after every business trip, and it seems to take a superhuman effort to get the wretched weight off again before the next trip..

BUT there is no way on this planet that I'm going to give up EVER EVER EVER. I'm going to lose that 5 lbs again, starting right now. And I couldn't care less if it comes on after my trip next week. Because it's going to come right off again.
  • campdawson
    campdawson Posts: 69 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just returned from a cruise and imbibed and savored with complete abandon. Gained 10 pounds but was expecting an increase because I was not going to count calories. Now it's back to moderation and I have no regrets.

I will get rid of this extra weight just like you will. We did it once, which proves it can be done again.
  • KenSD
    KenSD Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Don't you all have a "window" to maintain?....like a high/low range? Mine is like 7 lbs on either side.....that allows for the swing of normal everyday foods sodium contents and water and activities level that always change...
    I've lost as much as 7-8 lbs overnight from water alone....when the weight "creeps" up...I just tighten up my schedule a bit and tighten the numbers margin and pick up a few more steps and catch it before it gets out of hand....

I've lost 114 lbs on NS and been doing this a very long time...am maintaining now...between 208 and 215...I am HAPPY at this level.....:)