Thermogenics

Options
I know that Thermogenics is probably a bad thing but I was just curious to find out what it is "suppose" to do. I know it heats up your body and give you a boost of energy...supposedly, what "benefit" can it have? Is it just another money maker for the company or is there something that someone could actually benefit from? Just curious. I am not looking for a new fad, just trying to learn something new. Thank you for your thoughts and knowledge in advance. :)

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Isn't that just what exercise does?
  • MissMissie1987
    MissMissie1987 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would think so, lol, but there are peolpe out there that need a "miracle drug" rather than put in the hard work and effort, and I just wanted to hear people's knowledge on it.
  • wanttobefit300
    wanttobefit300 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you are talking about those wraps that are supposed to help "burn" fat while you exercise, they are a dangerous fad that only make money for the sellers. I have also heard the process of doing mild exercise (e.g. walking) about 20 minutes after a substantial meal (meaning not just a snack, not a huge meal) referred to by the term thermogenesis.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    There is NO miracle drug. Eat less, move more, its really that simple.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    It is a miracle product that is guaranteed to lift weight out of your wallet and transfer those fat money molecules to the safety of the company's bank account where they won't ever bother you again.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Exercise and eat to your deficit.
    If you are serious about looking for a pill, go to a doctor to get a prescription that is a little safer than the crap that comes with that junk:
    http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA29956/thermogenic-supplements-for-weight-loss.html
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    If you are serious about looking for a pill, go to a doctor to get a prescription that is a little safer than the crap that comes with that junk:
    http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA29956/thermogenic-supplements-for-weight-loss.html

Wow that sounds scary, the rats even died! I'll stick to exercise as my thermo.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »

Wow that sounds scary, the rats even died! I'll stick to exercise as my thermo.
    Dead rats! That is usually a bad sign. >:)

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    The MAJORITY of thermogenics on the market greatly exaggerate what they really do. In almost all cases, all you're getting is a stimulant (usually caffeine based) and some "proprietary blend" of ingredients that has no information on actually dosing amount.
    You want to heat up your body? Exercise harder.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MissMissie1987
    MissMissie1987 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Again, I am not looking for anything, I was just ordering my protein powder off of my website and I saw them. I didn't know anything about it so I wanted to learn something new.
    Thank you for the information ninerbuff.