Burn on arm?

Options
So i was making cookies,and the back of my forearm hit the glass on the oven and needless to say i have a burn the size of toilet paper ply on my arm.Any ideas on how to stop the burning.I know about cold water and Ice but i want to try other stuff first.Please and thanks much <3

Replies

• durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Aloe is pretty amazing on burns. Sorry about your arm :(
  • putnam80
    putnam80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Nothing better than cooling it with cold water. if its only first degree, well you can always put some aloe on after you get the tissue cooled back down
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    aloe, if you can get a plant & squeeze out the juice from the leaves, that;s the BEST. But cold aloe gel from the drug store is also very good.
  • erikaphoffmann
    erikaphoffmann Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    either aloe leaves from a plant sliced open and spread on your burn or aloe vera from the suntan screen department at your local drug store.
  • sgiacherio
    sgiacherio Posts: 50
    Options
    Aloe is amazing on burns. If you don't have any, cold water is about all you can do.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Actually...putting ice on it will sting...luke warm water! then its kind of just wait it out... aloe and solarcaine help but make sure the burn isnt open.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You can also take advil or something similar. It'll feel better tomorrow.
  • Tiffy11011
    Tiffy11011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Aloe I swear by it it works wonders
  • chrystal559
    chrystal559 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Alow is best but if you dont have any you can take a cloth and soaked in milk... make sure it is ice cold and the milk will help pull out the burn...
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Actually using water or ice directly on the burn is bad as it will dry the skin out and make it worse. Use an aloe gel or lotion to soothe the burn if you don't have any burn cream handy.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I burned myself at work once and they made me to to ER. All they did in ER is ice it. The best ice pack is fill a ziploc bag with dishsoap and freeze it. Its like one of the gel packs you buy in stores. You can make them small or big depending on what you use them for. The dishsoap will not freeze solid but will be like a gel pack and will easily form to part of body you use it on.
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Run under cool water until the burning stops and then wrap LOOSELY with bandages. DO NOT ICE and do NOT apply ointment/ lotion with oils. Unless you can be sure the aloe is sterile, I wouldn't put that on either (wait a day).

If you see blisters, don't pop them. You should be good in a week :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Run under cool water until the burning stops and then wrap LOOSELY with bandages. DO NOT ICE and do NOT apply ointment/ lotion with oils. Unless you can be sure the aloe is sterile, I wouldn't put that on either (wait a day).

If you see blisters, don't pop them. You should be good in a week :)

I was just about to write something like this: water not ice, cover it, don't use lotions. See a doctor if it looks nasty.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    But are the cookies OK?? Haha j/k hope your arm feels better soon.
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    But are the cookies OK?? Haha j/k hope your arm feels better soon.
    Yes the cookies are ok lol But thanks :)