alternative to soda besides water

Options
I am trying to find an alternative to soda besides water I drink 3 24oz waters a day but I want something different but I feel as if I am cheating my diet. Help

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Diet soda?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You probably do not eat that much water/fluid. Drink less maybe.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You can definitely have soda once and a while to keep you on track. If you find you're drinking way to much then you can switch to diet soda. Personally I got off soda by switching to seltzer water because I found I was drinking soda more for the carbonation than the flavor. Also, you'll have a caffeine withdrawal if you cut it out completely, so I recommend switching to another caffeinated beverage like tea, or taking caffeine pills. At that point you can wean off of those pretty easy if you desire.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    diet soda, club soda with water flavouring, water with flavouring...
  • Zjahmay
    Zjahmay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure whether you want a different taste or just the feel of soda, but try seltzer water. I tend to drink vintage more than anything. It has zero calories and no additional ingredients unless you buy flavored seltzer water. I drink the regular, no flavor, to have the carbonation feel of soda, but no calories, and no artificial ingredients.
  • carlsonhrd
    carlsonhrd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How about sparkling water or soda water? They have no calories and little, if any, sodium. They can include natural flavors as well. I like plain soda water with a little lime juice.
  • davonbahr
    davonbahr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I'm a heart patient with very fast heart beat so caffeine is not what I want I crave more for the taste but I have been having one to two sodas a week and I use to drink soda like it was a religion. Lol
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If I want something bubbly I have sparkling water. Just watch as it may have sodium in it.
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    diet soda, club soda with water flavouring, water with flavouring...

Water flavoring? is that an additive?
  • davonbahr
    davonbahr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeah I more into the taste n I tend to miss the flavor every now n then. N galen strick yes that is I don't do though they are nasty to me lol
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Flavored sparkling is good option. You could also add the flavor yourself to clear sparking and dial in to your taste - add slices of fruit/veges to it for a very subtle taste.
  • galgenstrick
    edited May 2015
    Options
    davonbahr wrote: »
    Yeah I more into the taste n I tend to miss the flavor every now n then. N galen strick yes that is I don't do though they are nasty to me lol

if you tend to miss the flavor only "now and then", then why don't you just drink a soda now and then?
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Stevia soda. It's weird but I like it as an occasional treat. Blue Sky Zero and Zevia have some good flavors.

Also I am a LaCroix junkie, they have such amazing sparkling waters with 0 calories. Apricot is one of my favorites. I also like Coconut and Pamplemousse (grapefruit).

I also buy 12 packs of sparkling water from Kroger on the cheap. Only 2.50 for 12 cans of Sparkling Water, and I'm rather partial to the Raspberry and Mandarin flavors.

I believe Poland Springs and Ice Mountain also make big 1 Liter bottles of sparkling water, that would totally fill you up throughout the day AND satisfy your cravings.

I'm so into sparkling water that I've gotten to the point that it is my mixer of choice for vodka. That way when I splurge on alcohol I don't have to worry about extra calories :)
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    There are various flavors of Sobe. Sobe has no calories and low carbs. Strawberry Dragonfruit is my fav along with the coconut flavor which is hard to find now. :( There is Sparkling ICE. It's carbonated water with lots of flavors including Green Apple, Black Raspberry, Mango, etc. That brand has no calories or carbs. Vitamin Water Zero has a couple flavors, but be sure you double-check it's zero. The regular has a ton of carbs. :/ (Not sure how they can call it 'vitamin water' when it has plenty of sugar in it. IMHO) There's various flavors of powder form Crystal Light. Aquafina makes a great flavored water. No calories or carbs. There's grape, berry and I think a couple others. There's Skinny Girl. It usually has 2 calories and only 5 carbs. They have Pineapple Coconut and Tangerine Mango. Both awesome. Also raspberry lemonade. (Not a fav of mine.) Most of those are a form of flavored water. Can't remember anymore at the moment. But those are what I stock my fridge with, except the Crystal Light. If you're looking to avoid aspartame for health or personal reasons avoid the Crystal Light.
  • mls100771
    mls100771 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I do Crystal Light... or I make lemonade with water, Real Lemon, and Equal Sweetener
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Have you anything from True Citrus? It's not bad. I've been living on black cherry limeade for the past 4 months.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    davonbahr wrote: »
    Thanks everyone I'm a heart patient with very fast heart beat so caffeine is not what I want I crave more for the taste but I have been having one to two sodas a week and I use to drink soda like it was a religion. Lol

So diet caffeine free soda...
  • LittleRaskull
    LittleRaskull Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Do not drink diet soda! That is even worse than regular soda! All the crap that is put into diet soda so it can be sugar free, calorie free, is even worse for you that if you were actually drinking the regular soda. If you drink the soda for the taste, its not bad if you drink soda every once in a while, just not every day. I was a soda addict! I had to completely cut it out, so I drink Tea. For me it was more about the carbonation though, so I'm missing that.
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    Do not drink diet soda! That is even worse than regular soda! All the crap that is put into diet soda so it can be sugar free, calorie free, is even worse for you that if you were actually drinking the regular soda. If you drink the soda for the taste, its not bad if you drink soda every once in a while, just not every day. I was a soda addict! I had to completely cut it out, so I drink Tea. For me it was more about the carbonation though, so I'm missing that.

Care to explain why?
  • LittleRaskull
    LittleRaskull Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Flavored sparkling is good option. You could also add the flavor yourself to clear sparking and dial in to your taste - add slices of fruit/veges to it for a very subtle taste.

I like this idea! I think I will have to try it! Thanks!