Tired of failing.

Options
I have done this weight loss stuff so many times I've succeeded in the past but these past 2 years I have gained 75lbs. I need my life back.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    okay so stop being an expert at losing and become an expert at maintaining.

Maintenance requires the same diligence as losing.

You have to know how many calories you are eating and how many you are burning.

• ineedthis228
    ineedthis228 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm terrible at maintaining. I truly love to eat and it's always junk food. Every time I start doing well I get sabotaged sometimes by myself but mostly by my family and then they talk bad about my weight when they're sabotaging.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,542 Member
    Options
    I know it's not easy, but stop blaming your family for it. It's your decision to eat too much, not your families'. You have to take the responsibility for your actions and make it your decision to say: 'thanks, I've had enough' to your family.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Yeah I'm terrible at maintaining. I truly love to eat and it's always junk food. Every time I start doing well I get sabotaged sometimes by myself but mostly by my family and then they talk bad about my weight when they're sabotaging.

what you eat is your choice...no one is holding you down and forcing you to eat....

you know how to lose weight...maintenance is the exact same thing with more calories...I am not joking.

If you take a look at my diary today I am losing weight and when I hit maintenance it will look the same with extra added treats like Tim Horton's coffee, extra serving of pizza or ice cream, more chocolate or another drink.

That is maintenance...I know cause I did it for 9 months, logged everything and stayed in my weight range until I didn't log...(vacation down south and I didn't care) so now losing that vacation weight...plus an extra 5 to see what 140 feels/looks like...
  • ineedthis228
    ineedthis228 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm truly an addict when it comes to food. I will eat so much I throw up and eat more. I can't have just one cheat day it's like giving an alcoholic a drink. Which is why I say my family is sabotaging I've asked for their help I've told them it's a problem and all they say is well you need to have cheat days? you want this food?then it's you look gross when are you ever going to lose weight and you're never going to do anything with your life
  • OwynDinsdale
    OwynDinsdale Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    you need to remove the emotional connection you have with food, eat for fun? or eat to fuel yourbody? its your choice. food is fuel, like electricity to a lightbulb.
  • bedfordandgrove
    bedfordandgrove Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm truly an addict when it comes to food. I will eat so much I throw up and eat more. I can't have just one cheat day it's like giving an alcoholic a drink. Which is why I say my family is sabotaging I've asked for their help I've told them it's a problem and all they say is well you need to have cheat days? you want this food?then it's you look gross when are you ever going to lose weight and you're never going to do anything with your life

Oh, honey! This is not a way to live; please see a therapist who can help you with this - the food addiction as well as the mental abuse from your family.

You deserve to be treated better! Please don't allow them to dictate your successes or failures in life. It's up to you and you CAN do it :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Take up walking or biking so that you are not around them so much and become more attuned to your own body's needs.
  • crzycylr
    crzycylr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm an expert at loosing weight, but not maintaining. I started a cleanse/diet about 5 weeks ago, All unprocessed foods, balanced, and calorie intake modified. It was difficult initially because I was so used to just watching calories. It has changed everything for me. I am no longer hungry or carving junk. Protein was the main change, more veggies and the right fruits at the right time. With more energy, I exercise more easily. By all means.....if you are depressed seek help, but if you need to just do it and change your mindset, we are here :). Everyone has to start somewhere.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sounds like you have a really mean family.
    Truly, most of us will remain the same until the pain of remaining the same becomes greater than the pain of changing. Only you will know when you get to that point. There's no way to fake it or to have others talk you into or out of it. What do you want for yourself?
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    crzycylr wrote: »
    Well, I'm an expert at loosing weight, but not maintaining. I started a cleanse/diet about 5 weeks ago, All unprocessed foods, balanced, and calorie intake modified. It was difficult initially because I was so used to just watching calories. It has changed everything for me. I am no longer hungry or carving junk. Protein was the main change, more veggies and the right fruits at the right time. With more energy, I exercise more easily. By all means.....if you are depressed seek help, but if you need to just do it and change your mindset, we are here :). Everyone has to start somewhere.

not required...

OP if you are eating to the point of puking it up...and then eating more...you need more help than this site can give you....see a therapist.
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Take your life back by starting to be honest with what YOU put in yourself by logging everything. You have a dog in the picture so if its your start taking it out lots of walks.