Determining Goal weight

Options
tiffanyaiv
tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
interested in hearing how everyone picked out their goal weight?

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    what i weighed in grade 12 when i felt my best! lofty goal? yup definitely but it is also within my healthy weight range for my height. if your clueless look up bmi chart for your height and start by aiming for the top of your range
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is about 15 pounds more than the recommended weight for my height but I'm 54 and if I get to thin I look as if I've been ill and my doctor is on board with my choice. I'm currently at my original goal but decided to lose another 12 pounds and see how I look
  • jkenglish61
    jkenglish61 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 50 lbs. But I am setting a short term goal weight of 20 lbs. July 4th
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have set short term goals. I will switch to maintenance when i look in the mirror and see no more flab. I do not care about thr ultimate number. I do not care if i add muscle weight.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    what i weighed in grade 12 when i felt my best! lofty goal? yup definitely but it is also within my healthy weight range for my height. if your clueless look up bmi chart for your height and start by aiming for the top of your range

That is also how I picked my goal weight. My doctor also told me I should be around 150lbs for my height and weight.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal weight, I have more of a goal look... fit, strong & healthy. The number on a scale doesn't matter as much to me especially since I've seen what the women who lift heavy look like.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I started with the middle of my healthy BMI range. Once I got a better idea of my body composition though, I got a goal body fat percent in mind and calculated what my approx weight would be at that BF%. My goal weight will be a moving target though, as once I get rid of the fat that I want, I will concentrate on building muscle and will be looking at increasing my weight (muscle) next fall/winter.
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm curious as to how others determine goal weight as well. In my mind, I always think I'd like to get back to my lowest adult weight, which was 150-155 lbs. I'm 51 yrs old, 5'8" and currently weigh 167. Been hovering around the mid-160's for several years now. I do run quite a bit (5 days a week), and just reached a total running mileage of 100 miles for May. I also just recently started tracking my food more accurately using a scale. Having purchased a food scale just a few days ago has really been a bit of an eye-opener. For sure I have been eating more than I thought I was!

I've set my goal weight at 155 pounds for now just to give me something to aim for. Overall, I'm looking to attain a certain physical fitness, happiness with how my clothes fit, and happy with how I look naked lol :smiley:
  • OwynDinsdale
    OwynDinsdale Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    looking in the mirror and clothes size, im now down to s/m clothes :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,205 Member
    Options
    I haven't decided yet.

My first goal was to get back into the "normal" BMI range. Done.
    My second goal was to drop to 2 kg lower than the upper limit of the "normal" BMI range. Done.
    My third goal ... I'm not sure yet. I'd like to go a little lower, but I'm not sure how low.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I had a goal, but I have revised it down a little. As many have mentioned already, my goal has less and less to do with the scale and more about how I look, feel, and annual physical results work out.