Newbie needs accountability

Options
Hi! I'm Emily and I join MFP five days ago. I waited to see how it works for me before I make a fool of myself--I mean, introduce myself. I just weighed myself today and I've lost 3.4lbs! I don't know if you can tell, but I'm pretty ecstatic about this fact.
Here's some background on me:
-I live with my parents because
-I go to the community college nearby because
-I did a dual high school/college program while I was an upperclassmen and I need to finish up my associates degree before transferring.
-I'm taking 15 credits and this does affect my eating habits
-I have four younger siblings whose metabolisms are a work of art and are in no way eating healthy
-I was in denial that I was overweight for a long time because I used to play soccer and "muscle weighs more than fat."
In other words, I have no one to keep me accountable at home and I could really use some support here. I'm also eager to support others, as I'm going to college to become a school counselor.
Thank you!

Replies

• hammett50
    hammett50 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily feel free to add me ! Well done on the 3.4lbs loss, keep it up !
  • lukeybuchanan
    lukeybuchanan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Emily, yeah just repeating what Hammett has said, amazing work on losing 3.4lbs!

Getting on this app is definitly a great step towards keeping you accountable. Some great people on here and in the short time ive been on it i havent encountered to many a**holes haha

Here's to reaching our goals!
  • galabrielle98
    galabrielle98 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Add me! I have 3 younger siblings who seem to sleep everything off too! :smile:
  • Motivated_Liz
    Motivated_Liz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Good luck in reaching your goals. If you want online support, feel free to add me. Have a good one!