JOGGING HELP!

Options
I went for a jog for the first time ever today and I want to log it but idk what to choose from the list they provide. I jogged about 3 miles tonight. Any help? i was going at a moderate pace.

Replies

• wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Since you know how far you went, how long did it take? Just use that to figure out your approximate mph. Nice work on your first jog by the way!
  • ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Took about 45 min. thanks :)
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    most of them go buy time and how long so like...if u ran 3 miles and u were running for an hour then u would put jogging 3 miles per hour thats how i do my walking....if i was walking for 30 minutes and i got 2 miles done then i put in Walking 4 miles per hour
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Roughly how long were you out running? You can calculate your speed based on your time.

But really, the calorie burn will be very close if you were running 3 miles in 30 minutes at 6mph or 3 miles in 36 minutes at 5mph, so it doesn't much matter what speed.
  • kchris125
    kchris125 Posts: 11
    Options
    Congrats to you! That is a HUGE accomplishment, you should be very proud! I use an app on my phone (endomondo) to track my distance and pace. Works great! Otherwise, I think you just need to log it as running with however long it took you to run 3 miles and the system should give you a rough estimate.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper on my iPhone to track my distance and speed, this estimates calories too. They aren't far off what MFP calculates so I tend to use whichever is lower.

As you don't know your speed, I'd enter it as "jogging, 5mph" and you will get an estimate of calories.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I use an app on my phone (endomondo) to track my distance and pace. Works great!

I echo this 100%. You won't have to worry about MFP calculations if you use an app like this (or other comparable ones). It is a life saver and gives me a better sense of miles, calories burned, etc. You may want to look into this for future use.

Great job on the jogging! Keep it up :)
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    If you remember where you ran, go to mapmyrun.com to figure out the distance. Divide by the time it took to figure out your pace.