1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter for less of a coconut flavor
1/4 cup Splenda
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
2 whole eggs
3 tbs dark chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silpat mat, parchment paper or just spray it down with some cooking spray.
Grab a medium bowl and combine coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and eggs. Mix until you have a nice thick cookie batter.
Add the chocolate chips and stir one more times until the chips are distributed throughout the batter.
Drop a bout 1 tablespoon of dough on your baking sheet to make one cookie and continue until you have 12 cookies. This batter does not spread out it in the oven like a traditional cookie batter, so be sure to flatten the cookie out a bit with the back of your spoon. How they go into the oven is how they will ook when they come out of the oven.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set a lightly browned. Cool and enjoy!!
Makes 12 cookies.

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    BUTTER COOKIES

(There is also a peanut butter and coconut version of these cookies if you want these as well).

22tqyx2fmizn.jpg

I use these in place of vanilla wafers (these are great with peanut butter or almond nut butter on them).

3 ounces almond flour (3/4 cup )
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    2-3 tablespoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda * (I used also the Truvia Baking Blend)
    2 tablespoons butter, softened
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla
    1 egg white

Mix all of the ingredients well in a small bowl. Everything should be moist and the dough should hold together. Freeze about 15-20 minutes to firm up the dough. Drop the dough by teaspoons onto a parchment or silicone lined 12x17" baking sheet. Roll each piece of dough into a ball. I used a 1 teaspoon cookie scoop and skipped the rolling into a ball step. Cover the balls with plastic wrap and take a baking powder can, that has about an 1/8" rim around the bottom, and press down firmly over each ball of dough. Be sure to press all the way down to the baking sheet. Peel off the plastic wrap and discard. Prick the cookies with a fork.

Bake at 325º for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.

Makes about 20 cookies
    Can be frozen

* These aren't as sweet as sugar cookies and remind me of the butter cookies my Grandma used to make. You may want to add the 3rd tablespoon of Splenda if you prefer a sweeter cookie. The carb counts were so close whether I used 2 or 3 tablespoons of granular Splenda or liquid Splenda. Counts for the sweeter, granular Splenda version. Unless you eat the whole batch, you'll only be saving about half a carb or so if you use liquid Splenda.

Per Cookie: 37 Calories; 3g Fat; 1g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; .5g Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carb
    Per 4 Cookies: 147 Calories; 13g Fat; 5g Protein; 4.5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 2.5g Net Carbs

Truvia yields around 27 calories but I get 25 cookies out of the mix.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    And one more:

egdgyscic9av.jpg

It comes out much better than this picture looks..

COCONUT CRUNCH DELIGHT (Note: I also made this using Pecans instead of almonds)
    1/4 cup butter, 4 tablespoons
    1/4 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda (I used Truvia baking blend)
    1/2 cup almond flour, 2 ounces
    1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, about 1 1/4 ounces
    1/2 cup sliced almonds, 2 ounces (I also used pecans instead of almonds)
    1 tablespoons sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix *
    1 cup heavy cream
    1/4 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda (I used Truvia Baking Blend)
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla or coconut extract

Spray an 8x8" baking dish with cooking spray. Put the butter in the pan and microwave until melted. Add the next 4 ingredients and mix well with a fork. Spread evenly over the bottom of the pan and bake at 325º about 20-25, stirring every 5 minutes, until golden brown. Watch closely during last 10 minutes so that it doesn't get too dark or burn. Remove from the oven and remove half of the crumb mixture from the pan and set aside. Press the remaining crumbs evenly over the bottom of the pan; cool then freeze about 30 minutes or until set.

Meanwhile, place the pudding mix in a mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in the cream until the pudding mix no longer looks grainy; add 1/4 cup Splenda and vanilla. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer until the filling is thick and fluffy. Be careful not to over beat it or you could end up with butter.

Drop the cream mixture by big spoonfuls over the "crust", then spread gently to cover the crust trying not to disturb the crumbs. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the cream filling. Cover and chill several hours before serving.

Makes 9 small servings
    Can be frozen

* You can also use white chocolate or cheesecake flavor pudding mix.

With granular Splenda:
    Per Serving: 255 Calories; 25g Fat; 4g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
    Per Serving: 250 Calories; 25g Fat; 4g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

With granular Splenda:
    Per Serving: 352 Calories; 35g Fat; 4g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
    Per Serving: 344 Calories; 35g Fat; 4g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

I do not have the numbers right off hand for Truvia Baking blend for this post..)
  • katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    BUTTER COOKIES

(There is also a peanut butter and coconut version of these cookies if you want these as well).

22tqyx2fmizn.jpg

I use these in place of vanilla wafers (these are great with peanut butter or almond nut butter on them).

1/8 teaspoon salt
    2-3 tablespoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda * (I used also the Truvia Baking Blend)
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla
    1 egg white

Mix all of the ingredients well in a small bowl. Everything should be moist and the dough should hold together. Freeze about 15-20 minutes to firm up the dough. Drop the dough by teaspoons onto a parchment or silicone lined 12x17" baking sheet. Roll each piece of dough into a ball. I used a 1 teaspoon cookie scoop and skipped the rolling into a ball step. Cover the balls with plastic wrap and take a baking powder can, that has about an 1/8" rim around the bottom, and press down firmly over each ball of dough. Be sure to press all the way down to the baking sheet. Peel off the plastic wrap and discard. Prick the cookies with a fork.

Makes about 20 cookies
    Can be frozen

* These aren't as sweet as sugar cookies and remind me of the butter cookies my Grandma used to make. You may want to add the 3rd tablespoon of Splenda if you prefer a sweeter cookie. The carb counts were so close whether I used 2 or 3 tablespoons of granular Splenda or liquid Splenda. Counts for the sweeter, granular Splenda version. Unless you eat the whole batch, you'll only be saving about half a carb or so if you use liquid Splenda.

Per Cookie: 37 Calories; 3g Fat; 1g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; .5g Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carb
    Per 4 Cookies: 147 Calories; 13g Fat; 5g Protein; 4.5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 2.5g Net Carbs

I'm going to try those out! They look very good. Thank you for sharing
  • Rachaelh81
    Rachaelh81 Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    euip3qvowond.jpg
    u3p12wywt3my.jpg
    I'm loving these pancakes. I add pecans, sugar free syrup, and drizzle heavy whipping cream on top!
    Enjoy!
  • Rachaelh81
    Rachaelh81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    These peanut butter cups are great too. Just mix all the ingredients and put in a silicone mold. Makes four cups. cl17dghj6arh.jpg
    9gpq6gve940j.jpg

• Ealgiere
    Ealgiere Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mouth is watering.
  • TexOkie12
    TexOkie12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good Snack....
    Pork skins have NO carbs, no sugar & only 5g of fat per serving (9 pcs).
  • TexOkie12
    Options
    Good Snack....
  • TexOkie12
    Options
    Good Snack....
  • TexOkie12
    Options
    Good Snack....
    Pork skins have NO carbs, no sugar & only
  • TexOkie12
    Options
    Good Snack....
  • TexOkie12
    Options
    Good Snack....
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've tried baking with coconut flour twice now and both times it turned out horribly! I think I'll try your choc chip cookie recipe this weekend :)
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have one but don't have a picture as I polished the plate off before I remembered to take a pic!
    Its super easy to make...but I'm not sure if its low carb as everything seems to have carbs these days - my understanding is that carb is starches like flour and potatoes and this has none. :neutral: x

2 Ingredient Banana Pancakes

1 banana
    2 eggs

1. Mash banana
    2. Mix eggs inside
    3. Add to griddle.
    4. Cook till golden.

You can add nuts, fruit, honey - anything in or over these pancakes! :)
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    faithyang wrote: »
    I have one but don't have a picture as I polished the plate off before I remembered to take a pic!
    Its super easy to make...but I'm not sure if its low carb as everything seems to have carbs these days - my understanding is that carb is starches like flour and potatoes and this has none. :neutral: x

2 Ingredient Banana Pancakes

1 banana
    2 eggs

1. Mash banana
    2. Mix eggs inside
    3. Add to griddle.
    4. Cook till golden.

You can add nuts, fruit, honey - anything in or over these pancakes! :)

These are very good with the right toppings, I have had them before. But they aren't low carb, bananas are fairly high.

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    BUTTER COOKIES

22tqyx2fmizn.jpg

1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla
    1 egg white

Makes about 20 cookies
    Can be frozen

I love that I have all the ingredients in my cupboard already! Will be making these today, thank you =)