Starting Over....again!

Options
Hey everyone. I'm not new to MFP, but I haven't been committed in awhile. I started back in 2013 and lost 60 pounds. Had a family tragedy that really threw me for a loop and gained about 40 pounds back. Trying to get my *kitten* together enough to have the right mindset to be able to do this. Because it's HARD! As we all know. It's a lot easier to sit on the couch and eat comforting foods.

But I feel like if I get my body going, my mind will follow. So here I am. Back at it.

I am a FitBit user, and love connecting with people who are as OCD as I am about their #10,000 steps!

I'm a preschool teacher and director. Mom of a teenage daughter and a younger son. Live in Northern California. Love crocheting and journaling and making lists. #ListersGottaList

Looking for new friends. Please add me if you can relate to my post, or if I sound interesting.

Look forward to meeting some new people trying to succeed at this crazy fitness thing.

Peace!
~Kristi

ofmf3suw36sc.jpg

Replies

• _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome back. I'm also a user who successfully lost weight in the past and then fell off the wagon. I've been back since July 2014 and doing pretty well. I'm also from NorCal and work for a school district. We have some stuff in common! I'll add ya :)
  • bettina274
    bettina274 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Central Valley , add me if you like:-)
  • stargazer0661
    stargazer0661 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome and nice to meet you =)
  • cheeftaylor
    cheeftaylor Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was doing really well and went awol for a while, but I'm back on it. Hit me with an add or a message if you like
  • breeezy1030
    breeezy1030 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am also back on MFP with a similar story. I also live in NorCal (East Bay) and looking forward to getting it right this time. Nice to meet you!
  • chun_li_26
    chun_li_26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey KristiCee67

I know exactly what you mean. I lost 28lbs had my own struggles, and now am down to only a 9lb loss :'( I'm quite stressed out about it as my clothes are no longer fitting properly and feel like I'm spiraling. But today I have decided to get back up and try make a change by getting back on the exercise, as although I have (most times) been watching what I have been eating I haven't got motivated enough to get exercising and stick at it. Then spiral with the eating over the last few weeks. I have put on weight consistently since Jan especially since I started using Injection Contraception :( but need not to use these things as an excuse and just fight it head on I guess.

Would be great to get some motivation.