healthy vegetarian dinner ideas.

Options
baknudse
baknudse Posts: 3 Member
I currently eat too much fat and carbs and sodium. I am trying to find healthy alternatives. Also trying to start eating no meat as well. Any good dinner recipes? Thanks

Replies

• phoenix_2103
    phoenix_2103 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Roasted mediterranean vegetables, rosated lean meats. How about fish and egg?
  • betrishy
    betrishy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Miracle noodles(Tofu shirataki) and veggie stir fry! Or miracle noodles and a boca burger. I know a lot of people do not care for them but I love them and eat them everyday!
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash with pasta sauce, sauté vegetables and cheese or vegan cheese! I love it. Or crock pot vegetarian chill.. delicious and lots of fibre and protein :)
  • omkarbhimraobhosekar01313
    Options
    Well go for green salad, egg omlet white or whole, depends on you. 1 fruit like banana or orange or Lemonhoneywarm water after above said food. Try PANEER/tofu or hone made vegy soup.
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Check out the Forks Over Knives website for some great recipes. Also, Pinterest has more ideas than I know what to do with.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind the non-recipe content and annoying pop up ad, this site has some of the best vegan recipes around: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/
  • brandlefly
    brandlefly Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    cld111 wrote: »
    Check out the Forks Over Knives website for some great recipes. Also, Pinterest has more ideas than I know what to do with.

I completely agree. Forks Over Knives is an amazing resource.

• veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    happyherbivore.com has some good recipes. They are vegan, but you could obviously add whatever you like to alter them.
  • rcontr7
    rcontr7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love zucchini lasagna made with cottage cheese and I also love veggie tacos - vegetables roasted in a little olive oil and salt on corn tortilla (add salsa, greek yogurt in place of sour cream and some avocado - yummy). These are two staple meals for me.
  • leslievp
    leslievp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Websites to find yummy veg recipes: (some are vegan, but all the more healthy)

www.ohsheglows.com
    www.theppk.com (I have all her books, awesome recipes!! can search for low fat)
    www.vegetariantimes.com (search for low fat or low cal)
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Veggie tian, chickpea stew, lentil patties, sweet potato cakes, etc
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Something like veg sambar with rice on side. Lots of vegan options in Indian food...
  • Erida_Zgjana
    Erida_Zgjana Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    U can try boiled vegetables & a little bit of your fantasy ;)
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Vegetables + veal chop.