Hello All, Looking for help

Options
Hi to all, happy holidays and great new year.

This has been a good year for me but I have put on a lot of weight. I am interested to see if anyone has menu ideas that are reasonable and any suggestions to help reduce intake. I know this will be a challenge but this ne year will bring the best. Any help is appreciated. Much love to all.

Replies

• TTOU918
    Options
    Hi to all, happy holidays and great new year.

This has been a good year for me but I have put on a lot of weight. I am interested to see if anyone has menu ideas that are reasonable and any suggestions to help reduce intake. I know this will be a challenge but this ne year will bring the best. Any help is appreciated. Much love to all.
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I don't have any specific menu ideas for you, but you might want to check the recipe section here. I've got lots of good ideas.
  • missfitnc
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to MFP.

For menu ideas, it depends upon what you like and how much time you have to prepare a meal. I've done menus for all different types of people. For myself, I keep it simple during the week, because I work. Planning ahead is key, and I usually do my planning and shopping on Sat or Sun. Baked, broiled and grilled are my methods for cooking meat or fish, and I try to make it interesting with a different side dish or marinade. I usually have a salad and a steamed, baked or grilled vegetable, too.

For reducing intake, try eating off a dessert or salad plate instead of a large dinner plate. If you're eating out, when the food comes to your table cut everything in half and have the restaurant box the other half up to take home. Another tip I use is to put down my fork inbetween bites and try to chew my food at least 20-30 times. Remember, your stomach doesn't have teeth! :wink:

I hope you find these tips helpful.