Before Bed - Something Sweet

Options
Dannilee2013
Dannilee2013 Posts: 37 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi

I like to save some of my calorie so that I can have something before bed. I know some people say it's best not to eat before bed, but I feel as long as I am within my daily calories it's fine. Do you agree?

Does anyone have any suggestions for something SWEET, never fancy savory at night. That isn't high in carbs. I normally have between 200-300 calories.

Also how many grams of carbs is considered low carb, suitable before bed?

I know I could have a protein shake but I don't like them also protein keeps me awake.

Thanks
D

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    -nervermind -
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Steel cut oatmeal with brown sugar.

OP asked for low carb...that's like, really not.

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Wants low carb...specific number of grams and not sure what is considered as low carb for bed time snack but has up to 300 calories to eat this late at night..

Have a bowl of cereal and call it a day.
  • ridingwaves
    ridingwaves Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello has pretty much no carbs. also look for some sugar free pudding different ones have different carb count.. I base mine on how many carbs I have had that day.. I can usually eat a small or half a banana with about a tablespoon of cane syrup and that is my go to late night I need something sweet. the banana cane syrup mix is only about 20 carbs so I still stay in ketosis. like I said it depends on how close to your carb limit you are for the day and how many carbs you can have and still stay in ketosis. also the carbs solution chocolate mix can be mixed thick with some ice and It is like a milk shake, it has 4 carbs and 110 calories.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Don't know what you're considering low carb but yogurt might be a good one, especially Greek yogurt (because it tastes yummy). And yes you're correct-nothing wrong with eating at night, as long as you're within your calorie goals :)
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, get over the low carb thing
  • arditarose
    Options
    Ice cream, get over the low carb thing

Agreed. With 200-300 calories you could have something really good.

I like high volume so if I had your allotment my dessert tonight would be half pint of chocolate frozen yogurt mixed with 5 grams of cocoa powder and 12 grams of pb2 (I'm doubling that for myself though).
  • kimconard13
    kimconard13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Popsicles are sweet and low carb since they are mostly water
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    20 calorie sugar free creamsicle
  • arditarose
    Options
    20 calorie sugar free creamsicle

Really? When you have 200-300 calories to spare? Interesting.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Sweet and carbs go together. Try a graham cracker with a tablespoon of almond butter.
  • Dannilee2013
    Dannilee2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have actually been having some reduced fat vanilla ice cream with a fruit bagel or a banana. Lovely but fancy a change.

I love porridge but being high in carbs I tend to stick to having that for breakfast.
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I eat skinny cow ice cream treats. They are typically under 200 cals. Probably not low carb but they do wonders for keeping my sweet tooth in line.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

OP asked for low carb...that's like, really not.

Which is exactly why I edited it.

• erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello, pudding, or yogurt.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    For 300 calories Gelato wold be on my list. I just ate 2 pop tarts and a cup of frozen yogurt and about to go to bed. But I had more than 300 calories left to play with and came home from the dojo really hungry.

How about some nuts? Peanut butter on celery? A leftover pork chop?
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about carbs but I pick dark chocolate with sea salt. Yum!!!!
  • katzenfluff
    katzenfluff Posts: 78 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Chocolate for me... Preferably dark chocolate. 30 M&Ms for 103 calories. Yes, I know. Full of carbs, but tasty ones.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I have actually been having some reduced fat vanilla ice cream with a fruit bagel or a banana. Lovely but fancy a change.

I love porridge but being high in carbs I tend to stick to having that for breakfast.

Both extraordinarily high in carbs.

I'm not understanding why you need to eat something sweet before bed. How about a cup of hot herbal tea?
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    i have a tough time eating ice cream when my kids have theirs at night... they are all so satisified on one small scoop in a cone while I could eat the contianer so I have turned to greek yogurt cups. Not low carb but its 160 cals and I add 2 tbsp of light cool whip for 200 cals. and bonus is 10-15 gr of protein depending on the brand