Options
    Awesome!
  • mygatorgirl8
    mygatorgirl8 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    rcontr7 wrote: »
    Height: 5'3
    Starting weight: 190 (size 12-14)
    Current weight: 155 (size 8, fitting a size 6 but snug)
    Goal weight: ~125-130

I began working out regularly Sept. 4 2014 and after losing 30 I maintained at 160 or so between January and April and have been working on finishing the rest. I'm noticing that it is requiring more patience now that I've become closer to a healthy weight but also that it's become easier as I've developed some habits and enjoy exercise. I do a lot of spinning, running, weight lifting (Stronglifts 5x5).

Some tips:

1. Eat healthy food - everyone says a calorie is a calorie but paying attention to the value of food you eat will help you fuel your work outs and make you feel better. I quit consuming "diet foods" and artificial sweeteners and have noticed that I no longer crave sugar like I used to.

2. GET A HEART RATE MONITOR WITH A STRAP. This has been my single largest motivator to workout.

3. Do an exercise that you like and it will no longer be a chore. Just because someone else is successful with something doesn't mean that's the only way to do it. I hate Zumba, TRX, elliptical, recumbent bicycles, at home bodyweight workout videos and Turbokick. I've tried lots of different types of exercise to just see if I like them. Take what you like - leave the rest. Also, just because something is hard doesn't mean that you won't like it.

4. Be nice to yourself.

Now for pictures...

Weight: 190 Sizes: 12/14, L/XL
    166854_1251584892251_3036846_n_zpsucafwgzm.jpg

Weight: 155 Size: Small (dress)
    image_zpshdbvb0l8.jpeg

Weight: 155 Size: 8
    image-5_zpsmsfg1nou.jpeg

Left: 190 Right: 158 Size 8 (shorts)
    image-3_zpsrtwn78el.jpeg

I'll be sure to update once I hit Sept. 4 when I've been getting healthy for one year. More than halfway already!! Only another 25 to go!
    rcontr7 wrote: »
    Height: 5'3
    Starting weight: 190 (size 12-14)
    Current weight: 155 (size 8, fitting a size 6 but snug)
    Goal weight: ~125-130

I began working out regularly Sept. 4 2014 and after losing 30 I maintained at 160 or so between January and April and have been working on finishing the rest. I'm noticing that it is requiring more patience now that I've become closer to a healthy weight but also that it's become easier as I've developed some habits and enjoy exercise. I do a lot of spinning, running, weight lifting (Stronglifts 5x5).

Some tips:

1. Eat healthy food - everyone says a calorie is a calorie but paying attention to the value of food you eat will help you fuel your work outs and make you feel better. I quit consuming "diet foods" and artificial sweeteners and have noticed that I no longer crave sugar like I used to.

2. GET A HEART RATE MONITOR WITH A STRAP. This has been my single largest motivator to workout.

3. Do an exercise that you like and it will no longer be a chore. Just because someone else is successful with something doesn't mean that's the only way to do it. I hate Zumba, TRX, elliptical, recumbent bicycles, at home bodyweight workout videos and Turbokick. I've tried lots of different types of exercise to just see if I like them. Take what you like - leave the rest. Also, just because something is hard doesn't mean that you won't like it.

4. Be nice to yourself.

Now for pictures...

Weight: 190 Sizes: 12/14, L/XL
    166854_1251584892251_3036846_n_zpsucafwgzm.jpg

Weight: 155 Size: Small (dress)
    image_zpshdbvb0l8.jpeg

Weight: 155 Size: 8
    image-5_zpsmsfg1nou.jpeg

Left: 190 Right: 158 Size 8 (shorts)
    image-3_zpsrtwn78el.jpeg

I'll be sure to update once I hit Sept. 4 when I've been getting healthy for one year. More than halfway already!! Only another 25 to go!

• mygatorgirl8
    mygatorgirl8 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Looking great....keep up the good work..
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • npearce124
    npearce124 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job! I wish I had thought to take a before picture in my too small pants. Really shows how far you've gone. :)
  • epeters1984
    epeters1984 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. Thank you for sharing as I'm 5'1" and have lost down to 203 and headed downward :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Nice! I'm 5'4" and have had similar stats so it's bringing me back. Great job :)
  • allenara
    allenara Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great advice. Great job!
  • LizzieEEllis
    LizzieEEllis Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think your chubs look like abs, too! You look amazing! Your progress is so motivating. I love the shorts picture, what a difference.
  • becca_maee
    becca_maee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Beautiful
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,730 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You look fab! This is just the post I needed to get back in gear after vacation. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • ebaba301
    ebaba301 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great!
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Wow, that blue dress looks great on you! Good job :)
  • KatyDidIt9090
    KatyDidIt9090 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank u so much for sharing!!! Your story has given me motivation to keep at it even though it's "hard". The shorts before & after was crazy! How cool is it to see before & after pics.
  • marievinejackson
    marievinejackson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work :)
  • rcontr7
    rcontr7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    npearce124 wrote: »
    Great job! I wish I had thought to take a before picture in my too small pants. Really shows how far you've gone. :)

These were my shorts that fit at my smallest years ago and they were the only thing I really held onto. I knew that I wanted to get back to where I could fit into them!! Now (currently at 153) they're getting loose!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!