Smoothies?

Options
caitieemae
caitieemae Posts: 25 Member
hey guys! I looking for recipes for breakfast smoothies. I'd love to be able to add in fruits and vegetables. Any and all suggestions are welcome! Thank you.

Replies

• MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Banana, pb2, almond milk, and protein powder. Cut the bananas up in pieces and freeze. Blend everything together! You can do a lot with this one too. Add oatmeal, chocolate, or spinach. Spinach can be added to almost any smoothie. Doesn't change the taste but adds a serving. Strawberries, mango, banana and orange juice. You can add some yogurt to it too. Same with peaches, mango, and strawberries. Always freeze your fruits. It helps and you don't have to use ice if much at all. just remember the more you add to it like oj, yogurt, milks it will add calories.
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yeah I like to use unsweetened almond milk in smoothies because it has so many fewer calories than juice, regular milk, etc.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You can go on pinterest and there are tons of smoothie recipies!

• Zed_cob
    Zed_cob Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy over 320 lbs and my set calories for the day is 2,200, so please take this into account.

My daily breakfast smoothie:
    1 cups almond milk
    4 cups spinach
    1 cup frozen berries (and/or half banana)
    1 clementine (cutie)
    0.5-1 cup water
    1 scoop whey protein powder
    1.5 tsp benefiber
    1 tsp of coconut oil

serve with boil egg

Keeps me til lunch. It is nice and sweet and lots of good stuff. Give or take it is 400 calories.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options

If you like gingerbread, Oxygen magazine has a recipe for a delicious Gingerbread cookie shake: 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup vanilla enriched Rice Dream, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 T molasses, and ice cubes. Blend and drink ! Mmmmmm

I also like a Creamsicle, which is a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of vanilla protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat vanilla yogurt. Blend and drink.

The Protein Packed Pina Colada smoothie is blended with the following ingredients: Cup cottage cheese, cup canned pineapple or cup pineapple juice, half a frozen banana, half a cup of milk, 1 T coconut, half a scoop vanilla protein powder, and a cup of ice cubes.

The Key Lime Protein Shake is blended with half an avocado, juice of a lime, 2 tsp lime zest, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, 1 T coconut, a cup of milk, and 1-2 packets of Stevia (optional).

The Chocolate Maple Shake is made by blending a cup of milk, 3 T protein powder, 1 T cocoa powder, and 1 tsp maple syrup

Last but not least, for a change, I blend a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of chocolate protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat coffee yogurt. Also good!

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Lately, I just mix water with the following:

MY MASTER SMOOTHIE LIST

SCOOP OF Protein powder and scoop of green wheat grass powder

Also

one tsp each of: Chia seeds, Sesame seeds, Goji powder, Acai powder, Cinnamon , Cacao nibs, Hemp , and maca.

Add half a tsp of each:powdered calcium and vitamin D, Flax

In addition, I add all the fruits and veggies now - a tsp each of Beet, carrot,
    pomegranate powder & tart cherry

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

• Indigoblu1
    Indigoblu1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with a veggie smoothie that I've been perfecting. Finally got it just right tonight:

1 lb tomatoes (beefsteak)
    1 cup baby carrots
    1 cup cucumber
    1 cup red pepper
    1.5 cup spinach
    1.5-2 limes
    1 cup low sodium veggie juice
    1 oz sriracha
    (71 calories per cup)

Two cups of this in the morning and I feel full a good part of the day.
  • sop1love
    sop1love Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been making smoothies for breakfast recently. The great thing is that you can continue to tweak until you get a combination you like!

I do:
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1 cup spinach
    1/2 cup to 1 cup almond milk
    2 scoops vanilla whey protein
    1 tblsp chia seeds
    1 tsp flax seeds
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    If you like gingerbread, Oxygen magazine has a recipe for a delicious Gingerbread cookie shake: 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup vanilla enriched Rice Dream, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 T molasses, and ice cubes. Blend and drink ! Mmmmmm

I also like a Creamsicle, which is a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of vanilla protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat vanilla yogurt. Blend and drink.

The Protein Packed Pina Colada smoothie is blended with the following ingredients: Cup cottage cheese, cup canned pineapple or cup pineapple juice, half a frozen banana, half a cup of milk, 1 T coconut, half a scoop vanilla protein powder, and a cup of ice cubes.

The Key Lime Protein Shake is blended with half an avocado, juice of a lime, 2 tsp lime zest, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, 1 T coconut, a cup of milk, and 1-2 packets of Stevia (optional).

The Chocolate Maple Shake is made by blending a cup of milk, 3 T protein powder, 1 T cocoa powder, and 1 tsp maple syrup

Last but not least, for a change, I blend a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of chocolate protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat coffee yogurt. Also good!

OMG ~ gingerbread!! I have been on a pumpkin kick, but this one will be on my list also!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I like this one:
    costco organic kale/spinach blend (frozen)
    soy milk
    hemp hearts
    flax seeds
    berries
    turmeric
    ginger
    and if I'm extra hungry: 1/2 avocado
    It's a fabulous powerhouse smoothie with lots of great nutrients

ETA: if I'm having caffeine I add a tube of zippfizz (orange flavor) it makes the whole thing taste like a giant creamcicle and adds 10 calories.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I make mine with whole milk yogurt, two handfuls each of fruits and veg (depends on what I have on hand), cinnamon, vanilla extract, flax seeds or wheat germ, and a splash of whole milk if it needs it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    My breakfast smoothies are pretty basic when I have them. A serving of some frozen strawberries, pomegranate, and blue berries. 2 cups of almond milk. 1.5 scoops of ON Strawberry Casein, 1tbs of greek yogurt and a handful of fresh spinach. Add ice to desired thickness.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I like this one:
    costco organic kale/spinach blend (frozen)
    soy milk
    hemp hearts
    flax seeds
    berries
    turmeric
    ginger
    and if I'm extra hungry: 1/2 avocado
    It's a fabulous powerhouse smoothie with lots of great nutrients

ETA: if I'm having caffeine I add a tube of zippfizz (orange flavor) it makes the whole thing taste like a giant creamcicle and adds 10 calories.

I made this smoothie today with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese instead of soy milk. It came in at 28 grams of protein, 17 grams of fat, and 18 grams of carbohydrates (8 grams of fiber). 349 calories. Tastes like heaven.
  • ChrisGood412
    ChrisGood412 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Here's the secret... Ready? Perfect for getting your nutrients and leaning out/staying lean!

1 cup of unsweetened Almond Milk
    8 ice cubes ( I just like it with a lot of ice to make it thicker)
    1-2 scoops of Epiq isolates preferably vanilla (Epiq is the cleanest whey protein, for every scoop it's 100 calories 20g of protein and 3g carbs no sugar)
    1 teaspoon of sesame seed oil ( great source of mono/polyunsaturated fats)
    1 teaspoon of flax seed oil (same reason as sesame seed oil)
    1 cup (lid of bottle) of L. Carnitine by Pro Supps ( speeds up metabolism)
    1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
    1/3 cup of Crazy Monkey Gingerbread White Chocolate granola (has actually very little sugar 8g and it's the best tasting granola I've ever had)
    1 table spoon of Cinnamon for flavor

All of of this has around 300-400 calories depending on how you make it! It has been the staple of my weight loss as I went from 225 lbs down to 158 since the winter! Given I made it up myself from trial and error but it's about as clean as you can get! Hope someone tries it as for all of my friends love it and have started using this recipe!