Toning loose skin on stomach? HELP.

Hi. I've pretty much reached my weight loss goal. However, my daughter was 10.5 pounds and stretched my stomach a good one.
Any good exercises or tips for tightening and toning that loose mommy skin?! I hate it...it's not horrible but still there and my problem area.
Thanks!

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    You can't spot reduce, unfortunately.

However, give this a read, it may help:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • dalansteiner
    dalansteiner Posts: 61 Member
    My bride has the same issue. No matter how much I tell her it looks fine and reminds me of the 5 kids she gave me, it still bothers her. Even though her BMI is athletic and her body fat is under 18% and she has good muscle tone, it still bothers her.

I hate what our culture does for body image issues...
  • RimaLake
    RimaLake Posts: 9 Member
    That's exactly it, I have two kids and am in pretty good shape, I think. But I am so self conscious of my loose stomach. I refuse to wear a two piece...and I always wonder if my boyfriend thinks it's disgusting. Even tho he has reassured me over and over again. I literally stare at it in the mirror and think how gross it looks.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    I have loose belly skin from weight loss. I asked my doctor and she said give it two years to shrink back. In the meantime, make sure that you stay hydrated, which is good for your skin, and perhaps if you take a hair/skin/nails vitamin to ensure that you have the proper nutrition for optimal skin healing. Try not to hate your belly... I know how hard it is, sometimes I want to throw a dumbbell through my mirror, but you look pretty young and it will very likely tighten back in time. (hugs)
  • dalansteiner
    dalansteiner Posts: 61 Member
    To put the shoe on the other foot, my bride reassures me constantly that I am still handsome despite gaining 80 lbs (now back to 65) since our wedding. I haven't believed her for years (but still like to hear it), but still beat her up about not listening to my compliments on how she looks.

If could burn all the magazines at the grocery check out line maybe she would stop thinking only emasculated women with stomachs you could play billiards on are the only beauty image acceptable.
  • RimaLake
    RimaLake Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you for the support and ideas! It's hard not to be so negative on yourself sometimes. And even despite being a psychology student and trying to incorporate what I learn on positive thinking it is still hard!