Hi There!

Well I am married, have 2 biological kiddos & 2 step kiddos (regardless, they are my kids!) I am 37 yrs young and have struggled w/my weight for a longtime. Recently, when I went to the Dr. I stepped on the scale and was not happy (granted, I had a baby 7 mths ago, BUT that's not an excuse.) On May 9th I weighed in at 225 lbs. my goal weight is 175. I'm changing my diet, counting calories, and am on a weight loss medication called Contrave.

Replies

• dianaramirez1220
    dianaramirez1220 Posts: 52 Member
    Good luck
  • KatiBo05
    KatiBo05 Posts: 13 Member
    Welcome!! Glad you're taking a step in the right direction to get healthy for you and your kiddos! I am a mom of 2 (one biological and one step) and I'm expecting another this summer. I've been logging for 15 days and I'm down 9 lbs. This is a great way to be held accountable and gain support which is key to success! Feel free to message/ friend me for support and encouragement! Good luck!! =)
  • HeatherGailan
    HeatherGailan Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you & congrats on the baby and weight loss. And I never knew how bad I ate until I started using this app. My husband laughs because I'm so anal about it. But he's also very supportive & I'm so grateful for that. He still eats like crazy but is so willing to not have the sweets in the house and go walking with me. Since May 9th I'm down 12.2 lbs. and still counting. Good Luck!
  • ajarosz78
    ajarosz78 Posts: 14 Member
    I turned 37 yesterday....im on month 2 of contrave and have lost 5 lbs. I have 1 biological and 1 step daughter. Work a sedentary job...come home and cook..clean etc. Ive struggled all my life as well. My goal is 175 to 165. :) add me if you want!! We can encourage each other. We can do this :)
  • Tami_H
    Tami_H Posts: 67 Member
    Welcome. You came to the right place for motivation and support. I am committed to my goals I am here daily so anyone here who is interested feel free to add me. (unless you're the stalker that emailed me last night - LOL)
  • RedHen0205
    RedHen0205 Posts: 1 Member
    I've been on Contrave for a month now - have lost 5 lbs. But, I haven't changed my eating - too much processed food. I've always been an athlete - but lately have noticed that just can't keep up anymore. It's time to admit that I can't out train a bad diet. Would love to know how the contrave is working for you.
  • shenan32
    shenan32 Posts: 7 Member
    RedHen0205 wrote: »
    I've been on Contrave for a month now - have lost 5 lbs. But, I haven't changed my eating - too much processed food. I've always been an athlete - but lately have noticed that just can't keep up anymore. It's time to admit that I can't out train a bad diet. Would love to know how the contrave is working for you.

There are a couple of other boards just about Contrave. I'm on Day 5. I've lost 3 pounds-ish. I have no desire for food at all now. I just eat when my tummy starts growling lol. I work out by doing Jiu Jitsu twice a week and have been doing that for quite a while now. Good Luck!