Vanilla or chocolate protein shakes recommendations

Options
angellll12
angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
I'm looking for sweet tasting protein powder low in sugar preferably no sugar.
No fruity drinks.

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Quest protein powder and optimum nutrition gold standard rank high on the tasto Metre. Optimum nutrition also has a lot of flavours to choose from.
  • angellll12
    Options
    Quest protein powder and optimum nutrition gold standard rank high on the tasto Metre. Optimum nutrition also has a lot of flavours to choose from.

Where can I purchase these?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia, so can't recommend any decent stores over your way.

Both quest and optimum nutrition have websites. You should find all the info you need there.
  • kylasantucci
    kylasantucci Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I prefer the chocolate. My opinion.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Do a search.... Loads of posts with suggestions and recommendations
  • yeahwhutevr
    yeahwhutevr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Combat Protein powder, made by Muscle Pharm. I like the cookies and cream flavor. 25 grams protein, 5 grams Carbs(only 2 grams sugar).
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I use whey iso bust from gnc. It's really good if you're cutting since it's only 140 calories for 40g of protein and only 1g of carbs! It's also very easy to mix with just water (i.e it doesn't clump up). There's 2 flavors, french vanilla amd double chocolate. I prefer the french vanilla while my bro likes the chocolate, however, both are decent. The only con is that it's pretty pricey. I think it was $45 for one container of 20 scoops.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    angellll12 wrote: »

Where can I purchase these?

I second this; I am absolutely addicted to Quest powders! My absolute favorite is their Vanilla Milkshake flavor (I find their chocolate milkshake a bit disappointing since it reminds me more of milk chocolate and I'm personally a fan of darker chocolate so it wasn't rich enough for me). Their vanilla is very versatile and literally goes with anything and everything - even oatmeal!
    I bought mine from my local Vitamin Shoppe store, or you could order it on their website (they offer free shipping and if you sign up for emails you may get a coupon to save even more). You could also order directly from Quest, on Amazon, eBay, or basically any store that sells protein powder, really! I just tend to buy from the Vitamin Shoppe because their prices tend to be lower and they have a great rewards program I'm part of.

Musclepharm Combat powders have also impressed me, although they have a bit more ingredients than you'll find in Quest. I just ordered some Ansi Flurry Protein powders, too, since they have a huge summer sale, but I have yet to try them so I'm not sure how they'll taste quite yet (but they got good reviews)!
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Controlled Labs PROnom Vanilla or Chocolate Cupcake Batter via Bodybuilding.com

PROnom_Van_menu.png

pronom23_label.gif
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    right now I have both vanilla and chocolate quest and they are amazing tasting and extremely thick and filling.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I drink the Premier chocolate shakes from Costco. 30 grams of protein and 160 calories.
  • tmshank18
    tmshank18 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I also drink the Premier Protein drinks, chocolate and strawberry, get them at Costco, 30 grams of protein, 5 carbs, and 160 calories and I find them very satisfying. They vanilla too but I haven't tried those.
  • angellll12
    Options
    Thanks guys. I bought one by PGX it's a whey vanilla protein 70 calories 1 sugar.
    Thick jelly texture, light vanilla taste.