Are my Macro Goals safe?

Options
Hello! So I started a couple of days ago with a plan to lose 60 pounds.

Well, long story short, I've read great things about low-carb diets, but I've also read all the horror stories about re-gaining the weight. A lot of my favorite foods are also carb heavy.

So rather than go on a low-carb diet plan. I decided to find a life time eating style than I plan to go by, even after I reach my weight point.

So here's my idea, I've been keeping myself in the range of 90 carbs a day. This gives me a chance to enjoy some of my carb-heavy favorites (Lasagna meals and pizza), but it's helped me learn discipline with these carb-heavy meals. I've been eating 25% protein and 55% fat on top of this.

I've been feeling full and happy with this range. (Currently 20/25/55) and a lot of my cravings / binge eating have completely disapeared. When I decide I want something carby, I've found myself using a lot more self control with those foods, and I find myself staying fuller for longer on less calories with my protein and fat heavy meals.

I've been trying it this way for a couple of weeks (even though I've only logged on MFP for a few daus) and I've felt great, but I wanted to see what you guys thought. Is this heavy fat / moderate protein / moderate carb diet a good idea? Could this have some future problems I'm not seeing?

Keep in mind, I plan to stay in this same carb range for life. It's not like I'll be going from 10 carbs to 100 carbs suddenly, nah. I plan to keep my carbs in the range of 80-110 forever.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I lost 53 lbs and maintain eating around 300g carbs a day (50-60% of my macros)

So basically it's up to you

If you want to restrict your carbs do it

Personally I have protein and fat minimums and eat anything I like beyond that - hitting nutritional requirements as I go ...I've found it easy and very sustainable
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Sounds fabulous to me (over 65lbs lost here with low carb).
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You're thinking way too much about it OP. Just eat natural with a lean towards getting more protein than you normally would if your lifting those weights.