Would like high protein and fiber breakfast ideas.

Options
baknudse
baknudse Posts: 3 Member
I currently apparently eat too much fat and carbs. I am trying to find healthy alternatives. Also trying to start eating no meat as well. Thanks

Replies

• spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt - nonfat if you prefer - with fresh berries and a few chia seeds plus hemp seeds sprinkled in
    Cottage cheese, prepared as above
    Anything with egg and add tomatoes and avocados - pile it one high fibre bread, but I'm happy eating it without bread
    If you'll eat fish, smoked salmon is nice and good beside a scrambled egg plus some berries on the side
    Etc.....
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I like to scramble eggs and eat on high fiber wraps with salsa. Also love cottage cheese, blueberries, and fiber one cereal. You can sub fage yogurt for the cottage cheese, but i'm not a fan.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is Greek yogurt parfait. Plain Greek yogurt sweetened with a little sugar-free maple syrup, sliced strawberries and blueberries, and if I have the calories for it, maple granola sprinkled on top. I actually prefer it over ice cream, it's so good!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Honestly the breakfast that fills me up the most is 2 fried eggs with 150g of refried beans. That's less than 300 calories too.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Eggs and Avocado. Will fill you up - make the eggs in an oil like Ghee - buttery taste without the milk solids. Awesome breakfast for me. Please see my diary.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I like eggs scrambled with a lot of veggies (broccoli, cabbage, bell peppers etc.)
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing a real high fiber hit at breakfast last week or so too

i get about 7g form 75 rye bread i have with my eggs and green veggies

Then i make a smoothie with frozen mango or banana, drinking low cal coconut milk, 30g protein powder and 20g of this fiber blend, called macro gentle fiber

I end up with 51g protein, 22g fiber and 48g carbs, all under 620 cals

Keeps me going till lunch

• exoticpumpkin
    exoticpumpkin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I make a protein shake with raspberries (8g of fiber in a cup) or eggs with a side of berries
  • SarahSloth342634
    SarahSloth342634 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Plenty of fiber rich cereal about if you like cereal :)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    A spoon of Metamucil and a Combat protein shake :)
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Protein pancake recipes come in handy. Oatmeal with eggs or egg whites work good too.