Juicing Anybody??

Options
hye122725
hye122725 Posts: 25 Member
Has anybody had any success juicing if so post pictures please!

I'm am starting again tomorrow after many failed attempts of weight loss and I am prepared for this life style change.

What are your experiences ?
What did you put in the juicer?
How much you did drink?
before and after pics please I am hoping for motivation.

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Are you only planning on consuming juice for a period of time?
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    To me, juicing is a waste of a lot of good fiber. My DIL took a bag of apples and turned it into two large glasses of juice.
  • hye122725
    Options
    Yes will aim to use my new juicer and strictly vegetative and fruit juices for a period of 60 days.

I was inspired by the documentary
    'Fat Sick And Nearly Dead' by Joe Cross
  • hye122725
    Options
    Yes there definitely is a lot of waste but I'm hopeing to make something from the pulp or put in a compost bin.

That was one point which almost put me off because I don't like to waste

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    hye122725 wrote: »
    Yes will aim to use my new juicer and strictly vegetative and fruit juices for a period of 60 days.

Then you were inspired by a foolish and unsustainable plan in a psuedo-documentary. Adding juices to a well rounded eating plan can ensure the intake of more natural sugars and certain vitamins ... juices alone do not provide the body with the nutrients it needs for basic functions.
  • missiontofitness
    Options

You're embarking on a 60 day VLCD. You won't learn sustainable changes for when you return to eating food. There are plenty of ways to jump start weight loss without doing a VLCD. Juicing is great for supplementing your intake. But not as sole intake for two months.
  • missiontofitness
    Options

Then you were inspired by a foolish and unsustainable plan in a psuedo-documentary. Adding juices to a well rounded eating plan can ensure the intake of more natural sugars and certain vitamins ... juices alone do not provide the body with the nutrients it needs for basic functions.

Not to mention the intestinal distress that will most likely occur once the liquid diet is over....
  • hye122725
    Options
    I am supplementing at the moment and do agree it sounds crazy but that's what I'm would like to find out people's experiences.
    For me it will be a jump start to make healthier changes.
    Thanks all for your points
  • hye122725
    Options

Not to mention the intestinal distress that will most likely occur once the liquid diet is over....

My plan is for this to be a transition into a healthier diet.
    It would be crazy to shock the system with the old bad habits and junk.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    I am supplementing at the moment and do agree it sounds crazy but that's what I'm would like to find out people's experiences.

But you can make a jump start by making simple swaps to what you're doing now. Most people on here are going to agree that a long-term juice fast is not a healthy or sustainable approach to weight loss. There's absolutely no way you can hit all of your macro goals, let alone get enough calories for the day. How do you plan on getting enough fats, protein, and calcium per day via juice? Doing this will most likely cause you to lose lean muscle mass (what you don't want), as well as weight.
  • missiontofitness
    edited May 2015
    Options

My plan is for this to be a transition into a healthier diet.
    It would be crazy to shock the system with the old bad habits and junk.

Calories are calories. It doesn't matter where they come from, nor can the body distinguish "junk" from "healthy". Why take 60 days to do this and then transition to a new way of eating, when you can start now?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

There are dozens of threads on the topic (feel free to use the search function) ... all with the same series of posts. It is an unsustainable very low calorie diet that fails to provide the body with basic nutrition. That film is scientifically flawed and is now nothing more than a marketing tool for juicers (just look at the stickers on the machines in department stores).

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Didn't the guy in Fat sick and nearly dead gain all the weight back when he came off of the juice fast?
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am juicing and eating natural food as well. By that I mean no processed food. I am on day 6 and feel pretty good. I too, watched the documentary with Joe. I think eating all natural is working well for me. Not sure I could do just liquid. The thing that worries me is what happened to the truck driver, unless I truly change my relationship with food, I am back to square one and I know that. I also have to learn to exercise to my advantage, I have to really work at it hard. I always envy the people who start eating healthy and walk a mile and the weight falls off. That is not me and never will be. I have to totally work my a** off.Good Luck
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    If you drink fresh juice with pulp, it's fine and better for you (fiber counteracts insulin increases). You do need to eat protein to include muscle synthesis and to increase metabolism. I would say a straight diet of juice is not good - it's best used as a supplement to the overall diet and goals. I make fresh smoothies once/day (non-workout days) and twice/day (workout days) to supplement my diet program.
  • Lily2you
    Lily2you Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't juice but I do at least one smoothie a day. My typical morning smoothie is apple, spinach, english cucumber, thumb of ginger, lemon juice, flax seeds, and about a cup of almond milk. Quick, simple, tasty.
  • hye122725
    Options
    If you drink fresh juice with pulp, it's fine and better for you (fiber counteracts insulin increases). You do need to eat protein to include muscle synthesis and to increase metabolism. I would say a straight diet of juice is not good - it's best used as a supplement to the overall diet and goals. I make fresh smoothies once/day (non-workout days) and twice/day (workout days) to supplement my diet program.

That's a great way to do it and much more sustainable.
    I will be juicing making smoothies for 7 days for a kickstart and and follow with low calorie and high protein ..
    Today's is day 1
  • hye122725
    Options
    jstavix wrote: »
    I am juicing and eating natural food as well. By that I mean no processed food. I am on day 6 and feel pretty good. I too, watched the documentary with Joe. I think eating all natural is working well for me. Not sure I could do just liquid. The thing that worries me is what happened to the truck driver, unless I truly change my relationship with food, I am back to square one and I know that. I also have to learn to exercise to my advantage, I have to really work at it hard. I always envy the people who start eating healthy and walk a mile and the weight falls off. That is not me and never will be. I have to totally work my a** off.Good Luck

Thank you for your suggestion I will see much more success with this type of diet.

• jee_nee_us
    jee_nee_us Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You can lose the same amount of weight by eating everything , then why resort to juice only routine?
  • hye122725
    Options
    I've tried and failed many times just looking for something that would work for me
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!