40's shout out -- real people wanted.

Options
I've done this app off and on for a couple of years. It works but I get bored. Trying it again, but looking for real people. Seems like all the friends I've made are young fitness enthusiasts.

I'm in my 40s, a teacher, hate to work out (bad knees) and love to eat. Anyone else in the same boat? Let's knock this out together.

Replies

• SeanDelaney1966
    SeanDelaney1966 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Sounds very familiar. Welcome back. Determined to lose the weight this time. Have hired my son to help keep me on track.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I am 40, hardly work out (I count a slow bike ride once every two weeks and taking the stairs at work as a fair effort) and love to eat chocolate, cheese and bacon. I am managing to control my portions of said things and am losing steadily. Nothing forbidden.

Some days I just eat mac & cheese. Last week I had condensed milk for supper two nights in a row. Sometimes I have veggies binges, but way less often ;)

Feel free to add me. I log every day.
  • pjfarm
    pjfarm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, just hit 45 in April. I have been on this/off this for years. Last Summer/Fall I started walking/jogging and following MFP food wise and dropped 9 lbs. Felt fabulous. Once winter hit I put 7 back on. It"s just getting nice here now so I am back at it. It's a real struggle. Most days at work I am at my desk or in meetings. Happy to meet you!
  • bustedup
    bustedup Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me... 41 years old, educator, arthretic knees, and back on mfp after an absence. Looking for friends too. Thanks.
  • blondeee3
    blondeee3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and need to finally get this done. I am an Instructional Designer/Facilitator, dog lover and food lover. I don't mind working out with weights when I get myself motivated to actually workout but hate cardio. I have been trying to get motivated for awhile now. I am now ready. Nice to meet you all.
  • Cathy121314
    Cathy121314 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
  • werryd39
    werryd39 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me too! I struggle everyday with trying to fit in some sort of exercise. I have try to stay get in 75 grams of protein, no more than 50 grams of fat, no more then 50 grams of sugar, and at least 25 grams of fiber. This helps me focus on the right mix of foods but include cardio and strength training would help tremendously. Welcome back!!
  • katyconn123
    katyconn123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 43 joined end of Feb this yr lost 12lbs so far, work long shifts some days struggle to fit in exercise, I'm determined to shift this weight, got diagnosed with an under active thyroid nearly 3 yrs ago, was
  • katyconn123
    katyconn123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Active up until then, add me to motivate each other and help through this journey
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and have lost 86 pounds using this app. You can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • energy423
    energy423 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi- turned 41 in April. My recent scholarly pursuits have left me overweight and feeling unhealthy. Would love to support you!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'll be 46 in July. I wouldn't say I LOVE to exercise, but I love the way I feel after a great workout. I think I love food more ;) My exercise is keeping me from gaining, but my food choices are keeping me from losing. I will not quit. Feel free to add me :-)
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I am 41 but not sure how real I am. I am so not normal!! :)
  • RobertWilkens
    RobertWilkens Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, and on-and-off user like you (Since 2009, my weight has flucutated beween 262 down to 175 and it's back up around 236 now)... Part of my motivation problem is if i'm tracking calories eaten, i need a device that can guestimate calories burned (so i can earn calorie credit)... I bought my 3rd fitness band this year after a few others were disappointments for one reason or another (last was too small print for my aging eyes).. Only time will tell if i stick to it...

I'm not sure if i want to add "friends" on here or keep my weight loss journey to myself...
  • alaynavee
    alaynavee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 46 and yes, I have been up and down a bit as well, but still down 30 lbs from when I started in August 2013. I'm defining that as success even though I haven't reached my target weight yet. I'm geared up to stick with it, and love giving and getting 'high fives' when I've met my goals for the day. Anyone is free to add me!
  • mkeville0224
    mkeville0224 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 46 and just started this journey TODAY! I dislike working out but like to keep active with my kids which has become a problem because my hand keeps feeding my face. SO, that will stop, the other will increase and hopefully the pounds will decrease along the way. I just bought a fitness band, joined "My Fitness Pal" which was recommended by a friend and off we go :-)
  • smaller2015
    smaller2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit older... 53. But everything else matches. HATE working out.. have forever. Used to pretend to have a stomachache in PE so I could read instead of play dodgeball. Now a bum knee and heel spur make it too painful even if I wanted to change my ways. Love to eat? Sometimes I feel like I LIVE to eat. Last year, I lost 50 pounds using this app but have gained half of it back. Trying to get back on track but having a really hard time this time. Anyway, there's my story. Like I said, a bit older than you but your story resonated with me.
  • lilc922
    lilc922 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 yo mom of four. Would love to support you and definately could use the support. :)
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 so i'll be back in August.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I think I'm real. Let me ask my cats.
    81476-A-group-of-kittens-is-called-a-bs1J.jpeg