Anyone do hot yoga, power, ashtanga, bikrim?

Options
If so how do you calculate your workouts? There is just s general "yoga, stretching"

Replies

• lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Under cardio...there's a section for yoga.
  • cvpastore
    cvpastore Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It just says "yoga, stretching" I'm looking for something more vigorous/active
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    but neither hot yoga nor bikrim is vigorous. power yoga is debatable, but not enough to get too concerned about.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Mine is under cardiovascular - yoga and I just put in the 75 mins and it drops in the calories. If I'm doing a class that's more stretching then I keep it as is but if I'm doing a hot vinyasa class that's pretty tough with lots of core and arm balances then I'll adjust the calories.
  • Crumpet_Girl
    Crumpet_Girl Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Best option is wear a HRM and you can log it in more accurately. That's what I do.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Best option is wear a HRM and you can log it in more accurately. That's what I do.

From what I understand HRM are only designed for steady state cardio so give inaccurate (often exaggerated) burns for anything else.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    lulucitron wrote: »
    Mine is under cardiovascular - yoga and I just put in the 75 mins and it drops in the calories. If I'm doing a class that's more stretching then I keep it as is but if I'm doing a hot vinyasa class that's pretty tough with lots of core and arm balances then I'll adjust the calories.

Balancing doesn't burn significantly more calories
  • cvpastore
    cvpastore Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    think handstands not balancing on one foot