Started insanity yesterday!

Options
Hey! I'm Danielle. I started insanity yesterday and I feel pretty good about this. The first day is the fit test, and I did OK. I weigh about 173 pounds, I have lost around 40 pounds already doing a variety of things. I am so ready to get fit. I want to look good in the nude! Anyone else trying insanity? Or finished it?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I loved insanity! have fun!
  • damndanielle21
    damndanielle21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Insanity, never finished it, but I love it.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    You will definitely get results. It is a lot of fun
  • damndanielle21
    damndanielle21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm very excited for it.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My advice, focus on your form for the first week or two and don't worry that you aren't going as fast or as intense as the people on the screen. If you try to hard to keep up with Shaun T or his group, your form is going to suffer and you will experience pain/soreness in your ankles, knees and even lower back.

There's a possibility that you might still experience that pain/soreness, especially given that this is a high-impact series, but focusing on form first might alleviate such issues.

My first try at Insanity led to majority pain and soreness in the parts I mentioned. I took some time off and tried again, this time focusing on my form and not just trying to kill myself trying to keep up. This time, I still had some soreness in my knees (I have bad knees), but the back and ankle pain went away.