please help me speed up weight loss

Options
1235»

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Christine are you at target weight yet? You must be at least a size 12 if not a 10? I guess everyone has different goals. I think I look and feel right at a size 12 but I have a broad-ish frame I think. Maybe if I were slighter I'd want to take it further.

yes i am pretty much at my target weight, wouldn't mind losing a few more kgs, just to get rid of the pot belly.
    I'm size 8 ( Australian sizes), not sure how that translates to American/British.

UK and Australia are both metric, it is the same size in both. US is 2 sizes smaller so you'd be a US 4, doesn't that sound good :)

CLOTHING - SINGLE SIZE CONVERSION
    UK 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22 24 26
    EUROPEAN 32 34 36 38 40 42 44 46 48 50 52 54
    US 1 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22
    AUSTRALIA 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22 24 26
  • leanne_townsend
    leanne_townsend Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    a size 8 wow Christine that's impressive! If I were you, they'd never be able to keep me out of the shops. It's the one thing I don't really do when I'm larger, buy myself nice clothes. Can't wait to look good again (I don't look bad in clothes now as such, but don't see the point in spending decent money if they're not going to fit soon).
  • leanne_townsend
    Options
    I'm sitting between a 14 and 16, so still some way to go.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Christine are you at target weight yet? You must be at least a size 12 if not a 10? I guess everyone has different goals. I think I look and feel right at a size 12 but I have a broad-ish frame I think. Maybe if I were slighter I'd want to take it further.

yes i am pretty much at my target weight, wouldn't mind losing a few more kgs, just to get rid of the pot belly.
    I'm size 8 ( Australian sizes), not sure how that translates to American/British.

UK and Australia are both metric, it is the same size in both. US is 2 sizes smaller so you'd be a US 4, doesn't that sound good :)

Woohoo lol
    As long as I don't get to a US size zero... That size zero thing is a bugbear of mine! The only things you get in size o and oo here are baby clothes.

a size 8 wow Christine that's impressive! If I were you, they'd never be able to keep me out of the shops. It's the one thing I don't really do when I'm larger, buy myself nice clothes. Can't wait to look good again (I don't look bad in clothes now as such, but don't see the point in spending decent money if they're not going to fit soon).

:heart: :

I know it's blasphemous and all, but I hate clothes shopping. I only go if I have to, I plan my route and then run in and out at record speed. I literally break into a sweat when I'm in the mall lol The rest of the women in my family don't take me clothes shopping with them ANYMORE :laugh:

• jacklfc88
    jacklfc88 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    jacklfc88 wrote: »
    jacklfc88 - thanks, I think you mean eat more food which is nutritious and a good calorie trade off so as not to feel deprived? I don't understand the bit about fat vs carbs though - looks like carbs are less calories?

Yeh that's right. How much more likely are you to stay motivated if you're enjoying what you're eating! :)

And you're right. Fat 9kcal carbs 4kcal. Studies show good fats in morning program your metabolism to break down fat throughout the day so have healthy fats in morning, then monitor fat intake for remainder of day. Breakfast should be largest meal of day and highest fat intake. Reduce fat for lunch and dinner and focus on proteins. Unless you're training before any of them meals, in which case your macro breakdown should be higher carbs post workout.

It's not difficult to do and I feel absolutely great for doing it. I only switched from a carb heavy breakfast of oats (which I thought was giving me energy for the day) to a healthy fat one of poached eggs smoked salmon avocado fairly recently and it's worked wonders for me. I was training well thinking my diet was great but that change to breakfast has benefited me so well. And I haven't felt any less energetic at all in fact as I said, I feel great.

Listen to your body and find what works for you :)

thanks jack, sounds like it's working great for you. funnily enough I have just had a poached egg, smoked salmon and spinach! Not bad coming in at 189 cals. I would love to add in avocado to that but it would give me less cals for the rest of the day. I have been trying to breakfast like a queen, lunch like a princess, dinner like a pauper (when I was clean eating)... but I just can't do it. I need a bigger meal in the evening it seems. Last night I had two sumac chicken thighs with cumin and carrot puree (with a tsp butter), chilli roast broccoli and a small baked potato. Later I had my treat of a green and blacks miniature with a roibush tea while catching up on Game of Thrones. Went to bed happy :)

I don't really mind calories with the high fat brekky - as I said it sets metabolism for the day so I wouldn't be overly concerned about that and I know I'll be training hard later so it's not a prob.

If you're finding yourself hungry in the evening then common sense says to eat more during day - so rather than set meals, eat smaller but more frequent meals. Keep metabolism firing. Drink more water too.

All for treats as well. Helps you to stay on the wagon!
  • leanne_townsend
    Options

Woohoo lol
    As long as I don't get to a US size zero... That size zero thing is a bugbear of mine! The only things you get in size o and oo here are baby clothes.

:heart: :

I know it's blasphemous and all, but I hate clothes shopping. I only go if I have to, I plan my route and then run in and out at record speed. I literally break into a sweat when I'm in the mall lol The rest of the women in my family don't take me clothes shopping with them ANYMORE :laugh:

My husband wishes I were more like you!! I do find it quite tiring these days though, milling around shops. But would far rather go on a shopping mission alone or with my daughter - not with friends - too many competing agendas for the day ;)

• leanne_townsend
    Options
    thanks Jack - good ideas here. I am trying to eat more today actually so let's see.