A question for the voluptious ladies..

Options
Imsojen
Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
What is a good bra for workingout?... I am an F cup and at this point I wear 2 bras for support but thats not comfortable and all the extra laundering sweaty bras is gonna wear them out soooo fast?

Replies

123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, you get what you pay for. Do some research and be prepared to splurge. It's so worth it though.
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    There are several threads on this topic - you may want to search the database. There is one that most recommend - it starts with an E (I can't remember). I don't wear a "sports" bra - just my every day awesome support bra (G cup).

Good luck!
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've heard Enell is really good, however they're EXPENSIVE...so for now i'm using either 2 bras or one I purchased from lane bryant which seems to work to so far! :)
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have an Elomi purchased at Nordstroms for about $70. It is fantastic! Supports very well without having that feeling of constriction like you cant breathe! I think it was well worth the $$ spent.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort is a really great brand, and I'm a DDD and I found one to fit! Also, there's another site I found that had a large selection. It's in my favourites (at home), so when I get back I can send you the link if you want!
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    I have Enell. Well worth it! I was able to find 2 for 71 dollars on ebay. Enell bras are around 66 dollars if you order them online or buy them in stores.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Yeah.
    Hell with all that business.
    I'm a DD.
    I wear my cheap push-up from meijer,
    and a hanes sportsbra (Like $5).
    And I run.
  • thegoodlife1
    Options
    I'm a 36 DD and just bought a Champion Double Dry Full Support sports bra. I paid about $35 for it. Ran several miles today and it kept the 'girls' in place!
  • Emilycaldwell420
    Emilycaldwell420 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest going to a specialty bra store and getting a professional fitting. My sports bras are AWESOME (the girls dont hardly move!!! and i was used to wearing 3 bras), however the writing has worn off the tags so I cant tell u who made them:( but I paid at least $50 for them but they have lasted me for 2 years cuz i HANDWASH them and let them drip dry. I swear that is the best for your bras and they last soooo much longer. Also the ladies at the place I bought them told me not to wear a bra on consecutive days cuz it the oils in yr skin will stretch the elastic out faster. I have 3 sports bras and wear #1, then #2, then #3 and then go back to 1, 2, 3, then wash them. The soap i use is specially made for delicates. Its called Forever New and the big bottle lasts me a year. It was $15. Hope that helps!
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I wear a G/H and I swear by Layne Bryant (aka Cacique). Hand washing as needed, and even jumping in the shower with it on :laugh: washing machines are bra suicide even for the good ones.

Good luck with finding what works for you.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Freya underwired from bravissimo.com
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Walmart is just about the only place I can find with decent Sports bras in my size. I wear a DDD or F (depending on the store and bra). When I work out I have to wear 2 sports bras, it's a but of a drag, but it really helps keep them out of my way, and supports my back.
    Good luck!
  • 512cheangela
    512cheangela Posts: 133
    Options
    I love Title Nine's selection of bigboobie wear. I am a die hard Enell kind of girl though. I will not work out in anything else. I hand wash mine and they stay virtually brand new for a year or more.