Eating normal dinner = weight gain?

Options
Hi all,

I am still about 1/2 way into my journey and am wondering if anyone else has this issue. If I eat a normal dinner (between 300-500 cal) after about 5 or 6pm, I lose less weight than if I eat earlier or eat a much small dinner (like a bowl of cereal or oatmeal). To be totally honest, I gain weight if I do this, regardless of my daily workout.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I'm finding that I'm taking my dinner and saving it for the following days lunch, but this really impacts family dinners. I don't like not eating with everyone, but I also like losing weight and my body just doesn't seem to do well with a normal dinner.

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing yourself right after dinner? You shouldn't be weighing yourself after you eat. You should be weighing first thing in the morning before you've had anything to eat or drink.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Is there anyway you can get your family to change their concept of a "normal dinner", cause really, it won't kill them to take steps towards a healthier life :) and if not, you may just have to take that extra time to make your dinner and theirs, that way you don't have to throw your diet down the train or lose family time. Good luck!
  • hanson22
    hanson22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I basically have been doing the same thing for the last few weeks and have lost 7 pounds so far....I am trying to fit into a swimsuit for a pageant though. Eventually you and I will both burn out and be unable to handle how isolating it is to not enjoy dinner with others.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    whats a normal dinner for you? try opting out of the carbs at dinner time and add in extra veggies and lean meat like 3oz...you probably just need to opt out of some of the things the other family members are eating ...in place of them eat fruits and veggies..hard to say really because normal could mean 1 cup of rice and 10oz of meat....you would need to clarify what normal is and what kind of sodium intake your having....
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Put the scale away! It's making you crazy!

Eat with your family. Socialize. Be a part of life. Eat healthfully, whole foods like lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, legumes, and grains. If you exercise, eat your back your exercise calories so that you are left with "0 calories remaining." Eat 5-6 times a day.

You must build a healthful life that is sustainable. Weigh yourself once a week.