Counting calories is one thing...

Options
Something I've noticed over the past few days is that even though I was eating less calories then I had been in the past I wasn't losing any weight and was at a stand still. I started looking at the kinds of food that I was logging and noticed that even though I was eating less calories I was still eating a lot of food in general. I started off great eating better and have slightly fallen back. I think it is time to reevaluate what it is I'm eating both in quantity and quality. Has anyone else run into this?

Replies

• crysmiss86
    crysmiss86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I haven't run into the same thing, but I noticed that although I was under my cals I was still eating a bunch of junk food. I'm forcing to eat more vegetables now and trying to cut out the junk food. I agree with the statement quality is better than quantity.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Yes.People say calories are calories, but when I started eating more junk and less fruits and veggies (I'd have 2 cookies instead of an orange) I stopped losing. It killed my energy as well. I'm just now getting back to less "junk" and more natural foods.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    That's the thing. You have to eat the right foods and not just focus on the calories. Take it all into consideration when choosing the things you are putting in your body.
  • ddonkeys
    ddonkeys Posts: 56
    Options
    I know this post was more of a "getting things off my chest" type of post, but I'm hoping it helps anyone else who has delt with this or might not have thought about it. Good luck everyone with achieving your goals.
  • mrsfeuer
    mrsfeuer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I'm browsing food diaries I see some people who will eat 1400 calories worth of junky food. Then I see others who eat 1400 calories of good healthy foods with variety and colors. I think there's a huge difference in both ways. Sure you're still eating 1400 calories of food either way but how well can a body function on junky food versus healthier things. Ya know?
  • sclosson
    sclosson Posts: 120
    Options
    I am suddenly having the same issue. I have been justifiying some really unhealthy meals by staying under my calories. Or only eating one fast food meal all day to stay under. I have been hungry all day even with may several healthy snacks and I know it is because I overindulged this weekend. tomorrow is a new day. consider it a lesson learned.
  • marisol1216
    Options
    It sure helped me.. Thanks for the pointer..I will try to not make this mistake :)
  • bluebeatle49
    Options
    I am having a problem with quantities as well.. I haven't been eating junk food and I am eating a lot of different things but I can't get the calories up to were they are suppose to be. I rarely have a day were my caloric intake is over 1000.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Especially, early on, as the big weight fell and water weight washed away, I could get away with eating more junk. Now... not so much.
  • apeydawn
    apeydawn Posts: 52
    Options
    This is the area I have the most problems with. Learning to eat better foods. I love fruits and a lot of veggies. I like them raw though. So then I get bored with them..... I must focus more on this part of my lifestyle.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I agree- I can stuff my face with 1200 cals of cheetos but there is no way I will look or feel the same if I did that everyday! Sometimes when I am feeling like I don't feel like cooking all my fresh food, I will reach for some kind of frozen dinner or something like that, and even then I notice how much different that food affects how I feel and look!
  • hanson22
    hanson22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been having really intense workouts with a trainer and on my own, and I have found a huge difference in my energy level and ability to complete the workouts depending on the quality of foods I eat. This post is legit!