Where all my shorties at?! Looking for some friends!

Options
Hello everyone! I recently created my diary and I was hoping to find some people to share my struggle with! I am a 5'2" 150lb girl and want to give some support (and receive it) from some other short folks on here! This isn't the very beginning of my journey, I've lost about 25lbs before starting this. But its sooo frustrating being so short the way everything is distributed it hardly looks like I've lost anything. I always see "success stories' of women who are 5'9" and went from 175lb to 125lbs and they look amazing! I'm halfway to my first goal of 125lbs and I can already tell its not going to be enough to achieve the look I'm going for. I can't be the only one who is frustrated with the challenges of being a person of short stature.
Anyone who would like a friend (you don't have to be short either, I won't discriminate) send me a Friend request!

Replies

• pumpkin52jeffrey
    pumpkin52jeffrey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im 4'11 and 190lbs so you're doing better than me lol :)
  • hdonnahue
    hdonnahue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5ft and have about 65lbs to lose!
  • RosiePoppet
    RosiePoppet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5ft 1 shortie here looking to lose 50lbs.... :)
  • Denisefit4life
    Denisefit4life Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Another shortie here 5' 1" it sucks being short. It's a struggle to look good. I know I need all the support I can get, if any of you want to add me please do so.
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    4'11" here! I lost over 60 pounds (the baby weight from both my babies - didn't lose any in between, woops) before I started counting calories. As we all know, when you're short and get close to goal weight, every calorie matters, so MFP has been super helpful for me to get to where I am. I have lost 11 more pounds with MFP and I am just a few pounds away from goal. Now I'm doing what they call a "soft landing" - just eating at a small deficit and gradually increasing calories (about 50 per week) until I get to maintenance level. My most recent challenge was a small surgery - I haven't been able to exercise for over a month, so I am missing that a lot - mostly the extra calories it afforded me, haha.

Good luck to all of you - I have a special place in my heart for the shorties, haha. YOU CAN DO IT!

Anyone feel free to add me, I'm always happy to talk about my experience, food/calories/exercise, anything. :)
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and have around 80 pounds to lose before I re-evaluate my goal weight since my height the recommended weight is 120, 30 pounds less than my current goal weight.
  • beansandchips
    beansandchips Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    5"1 here, with 54 lbs to lose! Hi!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Zombella wrote: »
    I am 5'3 and have around 80 pounds to lose before I re-evaluate my goal weight since my height the recommended weight is 120, 30 pounds less than my current goal weight.

Depending on your frame, a healthy weight for a 5'3" woman can be into the 140s.
  • LizzieEEllis
    LizzieEEllis Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I lost nearly 40lbs with MFP a few years ago and have slowly gained back a good chunk of it, leaving me at 5'0" and 160lbs. I'm not too upset about it, but know I need to get back on track. Anyone else have muffin top? Not the belly kind-- the kind where your cankles puff out over the top of your socks.

I COMPLETELY agree that weight loss on a short person has less of an impact visually. My original weight goal was 130, despite 'ideal weight calculation' being more like 115. I saw that 115 and was like...GROSS!! what's that, a skeleton? But as I went from 175 down to 140, it became apparent that 130 truly was still going to leave me in the obese category. I couldn't believe it.

One thing that helped me to see myself as I am and create a weight goal was the website MyBodyGallery . It's a photo collection of women that are searchable by weight, height, age, clothing sizes, body shape (though I wouldn't bother with the body shape too much, as the users who upload their images don't seem to be able to accurately place themselves into the correct category). Look at all kinds of women with your height and build at different weights-- it's much easier to be objective than trying to picture your own body at a certain weight.

That being said, my weight goal is still 130 (for now)! Getting much closer than that to the 100 mark still scares me. Does that scare anyone else? It just seems so low. Maybe I'm afraid of becoming obsessive and going too low. I don't want to be one of those stickbugs fussing to anyone who will listen about my nonexistent belly pooch.
  • quistalhou
    quistalhou Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We're pretty similar! I'm also 5'2, 150 pounds, but I'm just starting out my weight loss. I'll add you for mutual motivation if you don't mind? :)
  • Kristyai3
    Kristyai3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    5 foot here. SW: 210, CW: 139.8, GW: 125. May have to reassess the goal weight once I get there. :)
  • originalkelli
    originalkelli Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    5'4" and have at least 30 lbs to lose...(SW was 160)
  • amandabullock120
    amandabullock120 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and about 150!! :smiley: I have been working hard on losing the last 25lbs!
  • BumbleBreeBuzz
    BumbleBreeBuzz Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft and i wouls like to lose at least 20 lbs. I currently weigh 152. I'm glad someone else understands how different gaining weight looks on a short person!
  • apmac78
    apmac78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a fellow shorty too, I am only 4'10" I need to lose about 25 pounds. I am trying hard to log my food, but I can't seem to get into a habit. I am at least exercising regularly so that tells me its most certainly diet.