Cool stuff and low cal with an english muffin

Options
I have an english muffin with breakfest most days.
How can I make it more interesting, low cal and filling so I'm not tempted to snack throughout the day?

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    If I have an english muffin I'll top it with protein... Either almond or peanut butter or cottage cheese with sliced strawberries or fresh pineapple. So yummy and filling!
  • sweetie89207
    sweetie89207 Posts: 361
    Options
    i like putting an egg over easy on top of it! so yummy
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Egg white, turkey bacon and fat free American cheese.
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    i like putting an egg over easy on top of it! so yummy

YES SOOOO good, and cheese too sometimes!! Also, there are 100 calorie muffins Franz makes them and Thomas
  • Nessarose1022
    Nessarose1022 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and half a banana is always good for me. I also like the laughing cow cheeses. They're super low cal and spread/taste like cream cheese! You can even get it in herb and garlic, which I find makes me feel more satisfied than regular cream cheese.
  • j_fattler
    j_fattler Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    a wedge of laughing cow & a slice or two of turkey bacon - top with lettuce & tomato- it's like a breakfast BLT!!

YYYUUUUUMMMMM!!!!!!!!:heart:
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I like putting a slice of ham, a slice of reduced fat mozzarella, and an egg. It's also good with reduced fat cream cheese and a little strawberry jam/.
  • costewar
    costewar Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter with freshly sliced apples or banana is awesome!
    Totally agree with the egg over easy, and then add a slice of cheese on top.
  • Riotactor10
    Riotactor10 Posts: 37
    Options
    i like to throw a poached egg on there and make a little sandwich

Peanut Butter is always the other best option - easy and good!
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I do egg and cheese. :)
  • steffae
    steffae Posts: 47
    Options
    would regular bacon and scrambled eggs be somewhat low calorie?
  • katiejneely
    katiejneely Posts: 52
    Options
    I love English Muffins too! I eat one almost everyday for breakfast. Try the Thomas brand, honey wheat with double fiber. They are the BEST!!!!!
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love making a bacon, egg, & cheese. I just use half a slice of bacon and a half slice of cheese to cut calories a bit but still get flavor.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    would regular bacon and scrambled eggs be somewhat low calorie?

If you want to splurge and use real bacon, look for one with the lowest fat and sodium- not all bacon is created equal.
    I've realized the higher the sodium, the more water I'm retaining. So I'm just as careful to watch that as well as calories.
    Some suggestions- trade off and use Egg Beaters instead. I love them and can't tell the difference when they're scrambled eggs. I add some non-salt seasonings to it and it's delicious.
    Thomas makes a 100 calorie muffin (Triple Health) Low fat, sodium and high fiber.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    This isn't really a breakfast thing but I really love to toast an english muffin then spread a little tomato sauce on top of it and add a little mozzerella cheese and turkey pepperoni. Then I put it in the microwave for about 10 - 20 seconds to melt the cheese. It is delightful!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Eggs florentine- minus the hollandaise sauce:

Top your toasted english muffin with wilted spinach- season with S&P, lemon juice & a little nutmeg (optional but tasty) then top with some smoked salmon & a poached egg.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own "mcmuffin" when I'm craving one. I use a whole wheat english muffin (180 calories), 1 egg (fried on a non-stick pan without butter/marg - 70 calories), a little bit of lower-cal margarine (30 calories) and 1 low cal cheese slice (60 calories.) Total? A 340 calorie meal :)

I usually try to get some extra fruit in on my next meal to make up for the lack of freshness! haha

I also like to have them with 1 tbsp of peanut butter and an apple.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and half a banana is always good for me. I also like the laughing cow cheeses. They're super low cal and spread/taste like cream cheese! You can even get it in herb and garlic, which I find makes me feel more satisfied than regular cream cheese.

Love Laughing Cow on the sandwich thins!!!