I Actually Like My Arms Now?

Options
Pastela
Pastela Posts: 29 Member
Hello MFP! I'm Brittany, and this past January I posted a success story about my journey of losing 40+ lbs. Now I am in the process of maintaining my weight and toning, and I am finally seeing progress on one of my least favorite parts of my body: my arms.

Being overweight throughout my teen and most of my college years, I always felt bad about my arms. Most of my friends had small, slim arms, so I always felt like mine were huge in comparison.

ahpxob90z06k.jpg

So, I decided after my weight loss to start incorporating more strength training into my routine instead of just pure cardio in order to start building muscle. I am now finally starting to see some actual progress!

1p4tnoxlpu2s.jpg

My arms are still not perfect, but I do like them a whole lot better now. It feels very surreal to me to see any kind of muscle tone on my arms. I hope to continue working hard and achieving more progress.

Always work hard and never give up on your goals! I know it isn't always easy to work on fitness goals, but the effort really can pay off! I never thought I would be capable of doing stuff like this. Determination and effort can take you far!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I feel the same way. I would have never imagined I would LIKE my arms.

Congrats!
  • ddmusica
    ddmusica Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am the same! I lost 40 lbs, as well, and someone today actually said to me, "Nice guns!" LOL!!! I love it...
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I can see the definition. Way to go girl!
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You're amazing. That's a whole lot of work.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    VERY inspiring! I started lifting weights last fall for many reasons, one of which was my arms. I hope to achieve what you succeeded at soon!
  • franklin505
    franklin505 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'd say your arms are perfect.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Good job, your arms look great! :D
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    wow top effort, keep it up
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Agree w/all above--we'll all get there if we don't give up. Congrats on all the hard work.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    You look great and I know exactly how you feel and I'm 65......lol. Excellent work on your part!!!! B)
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    They look great.
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Arms nice and toned. I'm still in the process of losing weight but hate my arms(esp upper arm flabby). I'm much older(56) but still believe I can build muscle. What types of exercises do you do?
  • janni_aliaga
    janni_aliaga Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Woow I have this probleme with my arms.. I am always putting something to hide them and i tire to do that ! Do you have some excerciseS to make them look nice?
  • Pastela
    Pastela Posts: 29 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thank you for the kind comments everyone! It always means a lot to me to hear positive feedback. :)
    You look great!! Arms nice and toned. I'm still in the process of losing weight but hate my arms(esp upper arm flabby). I'm much older(56) but still believe I can build muscle. What types of exercises do you do?
    Woow I have this probleme with my arms.. I am always putting something to hide them and i tire to do that ! Do you have some excerciseS to make them look nice?

I play around with the weight machine at the gym that specifically target the upper body like the bicep curls, the lateral pull down bar, the shoulder press, etc. I just started at a weight I could handle and progressively add more each week. I typically do 3 reps of 10 for each machine with breaks in-between. I want to begin using more free weights in the future, but the machines are a good starting point.

• t_keesh
    t_keesh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Your arms look great. Thank you for sharing your photos. They are very inspiring. I'm lifting weights now mainly for my arms and can tell the difference. Wish you all the best!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You look great! Love that muscle definition. I'm going for arm confidence too! :)
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing job!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I love muscle on women, we should be more proud about showing that off. :p
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Bravo to you & your hard work!!! You look great!! Thank you for sharing-I have the same problem but now I see that it is attainable!!! :p
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!