Calorie total

Options
kweede14
kweede14 Posts: 29 Member
Is there a way to make it so your calories burned exercising don't get added to your total calorie allowance for the day??

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Don't log exercise or only log as 1 calorie.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Are you following MFP caloric guideline or did you enter your own goal manually?

The reason I ask is that if you went with MFP's guideline you should be eating the calories back.
  • brandlefly
    brandlefly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This drove me crazy at first. I researched how to to turn it off and there was no clear answer to be found. I tired several suggestions that I had found, but none worked. I am on 1200 calories per day now, (began at an odd 1310) so it is easier to tell at a glance where I am with the added activity calories earned.
  • daaaaaanielle
    daaaaaanielle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Unless you're specifically creating some/all of your deficit from exercising (and therefore eating near/at your maintenance), you shouldn't want your exercise calories not to show.
  • farzadk123
    farzadk123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use a seperate app for exercise. jefit.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    brandlefly wrote: »
    This drove me crazy at first. I researched how to to turn it off and there was no clear answer to be found. I tired several suggestions that I had found, but none worked. I am on 1200 calories per day now, (began at an odd 1310) so it is easier to tell at a glance where I am with the added activity calories earned.

@1200 there is no reason to not be eating your exercise calories back, unless you are being medically supervised from a doctor.