I'm pregnant.

Options
Morning, I'm starting today to log my food intake and exercise. When I found out I was pregnant, three months ago, my eating and exercise plans went down hill. I weight 6 kg when I found out I was pregnant and gained so far to much. Everything got bigger and I'm so disappointed in myself. Today I started again doing exercise and no more sweets, junk food and cars. Just want to carry on being healthy for me and the baby.

Replies

• glenelliott5872
    glenelliott5872 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Good luck, eat well.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Try not to worry too much. You will gain weight while pregnant...baby, placenta, extra blood, extra fat for breastfeeding etc. I've had 3 children and gained too much each time, despite exercising and eating well. Some women just do. I've lost it all after though, and I'm just losing the last bit after my third now (she's just turned 1).

Definitely carry on exercising as that'll help you in labour/birth. I may have gained too much weight while pregnant, but keeping active has meant that I've had 3 easy labours (shortest one 4.5 hours, longest 10 hours), just used gas and air as pain relief and never even needed stitches. My babies have all been healthy.

No harm allowing yourself a treat now and then if you're within your calorie amount. If you google 'pregnancy calories' there's a website that'll calculate that for you for each trimester.
  • nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Don't panic. I ate whatever I felt like when pregnant. I did only want plain foods in the beginning such as toast but towards the end was loving cream cakes. During pregnancy I put on 21 lbs my baby weighed 7.8 lbs and I had lost all of the baby weight by day 10 after birth. I did carry on walking throughout pregnancy with my doggy and even did a 3 mile walk in the day of labour. Don't be harsh on yourself you need energy for when your baby's here and as long as you don't go crazy that weight will come off x
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hey, congrats! I wouldn't stress about your weight gain thus far - you really can't do anything about that now, and inevitably you'll gain some more. Get as much exercise as you can and make nutritious food choices. It's OK to have a treat from time to time, just avoid the "eating for two" mentality.
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about the numbers on the scale and focus on feeding your body (and your baby) healthy foods! Don't try to eat at a deficit or eat a certain number of calories... listen to your body and eat when you're hungry. If it makes you feel any better, I spent SO much time when I was pregnant with my son worrying about my weight gain. I had a ton of nausea in the beginning so I just ate starchy carbs all. day. long. My doc told me to gain 0-5 lbs in first tri and I gained like twelve. I was freaking out. The good news is that once Istarted feeling better, I started eating healthfully again (within reason... I did indulge sometimes!), and I ended up gaining 30 total lbs, which I felt pretty good with. I also stayed somewhat active, and I can't stress that enough... walking is awesome and will help you feel better! Anyway, after I had my son, I very quickly lost all of my pregnancy weight, and slowly after that continued to lose. Now I am 25 lbs below my pre=pregnancy weight!

So just remember that this is only a very short window of time. Your body is going to change A LOT... and that's okay! Don't try to lose, just focus on being healthy and fueling your body, and DON'T WORRY. If you stay active and healthy, you WILL lose the weight after baby is born! i wish I hadn't spent so much of my pregnancy worrying about my weight because it was all for nothing!
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    PS - congrats!
  • Jg2876
    Jg2876 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just found out I'm pregnant also. I have not been on here in quite a while and with the morning sickness I've had I really was happy when I could eat, no matter what it was. I don't want to get into the poor habits I've had once my appetite comes back full force. I struggle with portion control big time and really have no craving for fruits and veggies. Not a good combination. I figured I'd get back on here and try to maintain where I am. Now I am realistic and know there is a chance I'll gain some weight (and when that time comes I won't beat myself up about it) but I'd like to keep it to a minimum. I'm almost 40 and at least 75# over weight. I've lost over 30# this past year and would like to keep it gone. Any tips and tricks or words of encouragement would be appreciated. Thanks everyone and good luck on your own challenges as well. ◇J
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I wrote this up a couple days ago, give it a read:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

Try not to worry too much about weight gain. It's going to happen.

Congrats on your impending bundle!!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Congrats and I wouldn't worry too much about restricting your food.