What do you eat for lunch?

Options
What are some examples of what you guys eat for lunch? I need some healthy, quick ideas! :-)

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I usually have a big salad and some kind of protein like a hardboiled egg, chicken or cheese.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of tuna sandwiches.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I batch cook on weekends and freeze lunch portions. Right now I have chicken noodle soup, turkey and black bean chili and eggplant and sweet potato curry with rice.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I either take leftovers from the night before, an oven-baked potato to reheat with some beans/tuna, a sandwich with crisps and fruit, or today I have an enormous chicken and avocado salad with chilli mayo dressing <3
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Lunch for me tends to be a tuna salad substituting mayo with light greek yoghurt, or a pot of yoghurt topped with fruit, salad with chicken and a small portion of some kind of pulse (ie. chickpea, lentils, etc). Most commonly it would be hard or soft boiled eggs (or an egg dish) with a large side of fruit. My favourite would be shakshuka with a bowl of steamed veggies (http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2010/07/summer-2010-travel-blog-shakshuka/), sometimes mopped up with crusty bread.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    chicken salad, omelet, crackers and cheese, sandwich, homemade soup... any one of those
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, soups, salads, dinner leftovers, sometimes even breakfast foods.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I batch cook on weekends and freeze lunch portions. Right now I have chicken noodle soup, turkey and black bean chili and eggplant and sweet potato curry with rice.

Yep, I do this too.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Boiled cocktail shrimp that you can get in 12oz bags in the freezer section at the supermarket. Just thaw and eat. And then a piece of fruit. Quick and easy lunch at work. Lots of protein, low in fat and depending upon the fruit choice not that high in carbs.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I rotate between wraps or sandwiches with raw veggies and big salads with chicken or tuna. Pretty basic but always does the trick.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from the night before
    Salads using an avocado or asian dressing
    Pasta salad using pesto
    Fried rice
    Omelets
    Egg scrambles
    Wraps
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    usually a huge garden salad with 4-6 ounces of some kind of protein and 1/2 an avocado and some fruit of some kind. A couple days per week I take a sandwich. In the winter I make more casseroles and stews and whatnot and I will take leftovers of that.
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Soup and a sandwich. I make it the night before so it's easy to grab and go!
  • speckledpebble
    speckledpebble Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Soup, salads with avocado or egg , poached egg on toast, houmous and carrot sticks, banana on toast, jacket potato and beans or cottage cheese.
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from dinner

This time of year I have lots of greens from my garden so salad is a good option. I keep dressing in my desk drawer because I'm lazy that way (Newman's own sesame ginger). I make sure I have some smart protein around: frozen grilled chicken breast & hb eggs. I take a piece of fruit and an extra one in case I'm starving in the afternoon.

I like a can of sardine for lunch. W/ veggies

Hummus & veggies

greek yogurt, fruit, & melba crisps
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Today it'll be a black bean burger, with guacamole, but not on bread. Yesterday, I mixed up some canned tuna, lettuce greens chopped tiny, and sweet potato in a salad, with some ginger dressing. Saturday it was the second of 2 salmon teriyaki filets with some brown rice and sauteed veggies.

I like variety...
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Salad and a lean protein
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Today I had a chicken salad sandwich. The chicken had fresh basil in it and I put fresh sliced tomato on it- tasted so good! Also had a handful of cherries on the side.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    today i have asparagus, avocado and lemon chicken from trader joe's (already prepared since i just moved and they aren't turning on our gas until tomorrow so no cooking) plus some apple slices with tbsp. of peanut butter.
  • lrdavenport23
    lrdavenport23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    Boiled cocktail shrimp that you can get in 12oz bags in the freezer section at the supermarket. Just thaw and eat. And then a piece of fruit. Quick and easy lunch at work. Lots of protein, low in fat and depending upon the fruit choice not that high in carbs.

I love shrimp! I need to check into this at the supermarket.