Home Workout Help

Options
Is there anyone who prefers the home work outs for now? Any helpful dvds that helped shed some of the pounds before joining a gym?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Go to beachbody.com... if you are looking for lifting/circuits, etc...

and can consider Strong Lifts,New Rules of Lifting for Women, etc

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I do prefer home workouts - I find that they're the perfect no-excuses way for me to get my workout in.

As for recommendations, it all depends on your specific goals and you're interests. If you'd like, feel free to friend me and I can see if I can help plug you into a workout that suits your needs! :D
  • krogers810x
    krogers810x Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It gets lots of airtime here, but I really love 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. Easy and quick to do at home, but still challenging for a beginner. In 50 days (a cycle and a half of it) I lost 11 pounds and 8 inches in my living room. All I needed was access to youtube (it's posted on there!) and a couple of small weights. When I first started it, I used jugs of water!

I just started to do 30DS for a second time this morning, since I maintained my weight all winter but basically never exercised. If you want to add me, I'm doing it for the next 30 days! :)
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. I have a treadmill, bowflex 552 adjustable dumbbells, loop bands & resistance bands. I do a full body dumbbell workout and youtube videos. My favorites are fitnessblender, Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, Blogilates, Gymra. You don't even need dvd's if you have a smart tv with the youtube app on it.
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Home workouts here. Most all of mine are beachbody programs or HiiT circuits that I put together. I also run 3 days a week when its not too cold.

• quintinmasonjr24
    quintinmasonjr24 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Even doing as a guy is tough because we all have different fitness levels. Level one is good for beginners and honestly a really good total body workout. I'm doing one day on and a day of rest the next day for a total of 3 days per week with resting in between. With a proper diet along with this video you would definitely tone and lose weight. I did this this same video two years ago and honestly lost 40 lbs in 4 months by being consistent and determined. As long as your moving you are burning calories. Just always try to finish the 20 min of the video. Even if you have to stop and catch your breath every 5 seconds keep pushing yourself and I guarantee you , you will get stronger. All you need is just 3 to 5 lbs weights and the video is 20 mins. Add me if you have any questions or need some motivation.
  • ScreeField
    ScreeField Posts: 180 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I travel a lot and haven't maintained my gym membership (plus, it's super nice to get outside and I prefer exercising outside vs at a stinky gym).

I like running outside, hiking up hills (and usually with a heavy backpack on summer weekends/camping in wilderness areas), and bicycling/mountain biking (sometimes I can bring one of my bikes when I travel for work). I also use a rowing machine at home (highly recommended), an exercise ball for core (along with things like planks), dumbbells for arms and shoulders etc., and Tabata (lots of fast, intense full-body moves squeezed into 7 minute intervals--all can be done at home).

If you're not sure where to start, check out YouTube videos to see what you like and works for you before spending money on a workout DVD.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Home exerciser here. I alternate between the following DVDs: Jillian Michaels 30DS & Ripped in 30, Insanity, 5 Jari Love dvds & The Firm. I also run outside 3 times per week since it's so nice outside.
    I've belonged to a gym and done crossfit. I will admit I like working out home best because I like saving time and I know my shower is clean (the shower at the gyms were deplorable).
    This goes without saying, any exercise whether gym or home will only be as good as what you put into it including the nutrition piece.