Need Healthy Snacks and food Ideas

Options
I'm seriously needing to change what I eat as I'm looking to lose around 65 pounds by the end of the year. I do have a protein powder that I do have and will be going back to. I'm not a fan of certain foods do I need to find something I'll eat snd not waste money on. Please also don't leave rude comments I'm needing all the support I can get right now as this id s huge heslth change I'm doing fof myself and family.

Replies

• comeongethealthyro
    comeongethealthyro Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    good for you! weight loss in the beginning can be challenging but sooo rewarding, and hopefully you'll eventually make eating healthy a lifestyle! my favorite snacks are raw veggies with basil pesto or roasted pine nut hummus (Sabra brand).. fresh seasonal fruit such as peaches, berries and pineapple.. dry roasted edamame.. Questbars (the best protein bar on the market, IMO).. and Boom Chicka Pop kettle corn :) I'm dairy-intolerant, but if I weren't my go-to would probably be Greek yogurt mixed with PB, fruit and/or nuts.
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Here are a few of my must haves:

Cottage cheese- I use this as a side for lunch and dinner, as a snack, or breakfast with fresh or canned fruit( I also add in a tablespoon of ground flax seed)

Plain Greek yogurt- I use this as a snack with fresh or canned fruit (sometimes I throw in a 1/4 cup of granola just to add a crunch). I also recently discovered that I like it for breakfast mixed with instant oatmeal.

P3 protein packs

Tuna pouches- I eat tuna for lunch on a daily basis. Sometimes with miracle whip and crackers (such as wheat thins or just plain saltines). Sometimes I mix it with flavored cream cheese and eat it on a flat out wrap. Sometimes I just eat it right out of the pouch. I like the flavored pouches. Some of my favorites include hickory smoked, sweet and spicy, and lemon pepper.

Blue Diamond oven roasted almonds dark chocolate

Different flavors of Greek yogurt. I love to use it as dip for celery using the celery as a "spoon".

Canned/Fresh peaches

Canned/Fresh Pineapple

Fresh Mangos

Hope this is at least a little helpful for you!

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    My staples include: pork tenderloin, grilled chicken, sirloin steak, roasted or steamed veggies, boiled eggs, hummus, all kinds of fruit, string cheese, canned tuna, sandwich thins, nuts, and high quality dark chocolate. I batch cook nearly all of my food on the weekends and freeze most of it in single serving containers.
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I also keep fish on hand and eat a lot of green beans

I recently discovered that I like Kidney beans with 1/3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top too.

It's endless really. You just have to keep trying new things and see what you like the best.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I portion out nuts and fiber one cereal into single servings. So yummy.

I also like Wasa crackers (my favorite is the Light Rye) and peanut butter. I nearly lived on those a couple of years ago.
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, pistachios (they keep my hands busy) apple with peanut butter, raspberries
  • Pastela
    Pastela Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Eating portioned out servings of nuts like pistachios and almonds are nice snacks. I also like munching on carrots cut into chip shapes and broccoli florets to dip into hummus. Eating high fiber fruits like apples and raspberries are also satisfying snacks. Sometimes I like to prepare a couple of tablespoons of PB2 to use as a dip for an apple I cut into slices.