chocolate

Options
Does anyone have any skinny brownie recipes they recommend? Im having a serious chocolate craving, but dont want to break my clean eating for super fatty brownies. Any tips?

Replies

• R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Yes!

Take a devils food cake mix. Add one can of real pumpkin. Mix these two and bake for the time stated on the box.
    The cake will have a brownie texture and you won't taste the pumpkin at all. I promise.

Enjoy guilt-free!!!
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    I've seen some really interesting recipes for grain free black-bean brownies. I'm not entirely sure how much better they are, but I believe they use the beans for a gooey-dense consistency rather than a lot of fats,and the chocolate flavor masks the bean taste, so you don't even taste it. so that might be worth looking at? There's many recipes for this online -fraid I don't have one specific though.
  • lgardhouse
    lgardhouse Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com/2014/02/amazing-flour-less-brownies.html

These are quite good! I definitely recommend adding the additional chocolate chips on top. Something tastes a bit 'different' then a regular brownie but I thought it was still good, and good when you are having a chocolate craving!
  • comeongethealthyro
    comeongethealthyro Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Google Jazzy Things black bean brownie recipe... so good!
  • Physiobody
    Physiobody Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've just found having a piece or two (okay more like three) of dark chocolate (70-80% cacao) usually hits the spot for me. A lot of the black bean brownie and "clean brownie" recipes are full of sugar or taste like crap.
  • ersoper3118
    ersoper3118 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!