Delicious, Low-Cal Desserts?

Options
merrycat
merrycat Posts: 131 Member
What are you favorite low cal desserts that are also delicious? I've been craving desserts like crazy every evening for the last few days, even when I'm full. My favorite desserts are chocolate brownies, ice cream, chocolate croissants - you know, really bad stuff. So far I'm holding strong, but it would be nice to find some good desserts I can eat without feeling guilty.

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I saw on a cooking show that you can make cupcakes from just a box of devil's food cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree. They're supposed to be super delicious and pretty low-cal. Might be worth looking into.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    FROZEN YOGURT! With strawberries? eh???

Frozen Banana's with low cal Chocolate Pudding, and even strawberries (you can tell I like my strawberries).

Fudgesicles (certain brands are under 100 calories). Frozen Fruit Bars (strawberry Fruita Freeze is my favorite).
  • katiejneely
    katiejneely Posts: 52
    Options
    I have been making the Weight Watchers Pumpkin muffins. 1 box spice cake mix, 1/2 cup water, 1 can pumpkin. Mix together and bake in muffin tins. Delicious and moist!!!!
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Fruit mostly... Like apples with peanut butter or a fruit icey thing. I just put fruit and ice in a blender and wahla! Something yummy to drink besides water and there is no fat in it :)
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    I like fresh strawberries (sliced with a tiny bit of sugar) on top of angel food cake. A nice size dessert under 200 calories.

Also, mix crushed pineapple (in it's own juice, juice drained) with some lite or fat free cool whip and serve on top of angel food cake.
  • crshinn
    crshinn Posts: 23
    Options
    I have been loving Jello Mousse Temptations. They are sugar free and only 60 calories but taste so rich and delicious. I also like strawberries with greek yogurt and a sprinkle of Splenda. This usually satisfies my craving for ice cream.
  • AnneMK5
    AnneMK5 Posts: 110
    Options
    I found a recipe on cooks.com to make your own jello with fruit juice and it's pretty easy to make.

1/4 cup cold water
    1/2 cup boiling water
    1 1/4 cups fruit juice
    1 packet Knox gelatin or 1 tablespoon granulated gelatin
    3 tablespoonfuls honey
    Soften gelatin by soaking in cold water for a few minutes. Dissolve in boiling water. Add honey. When cool add fruit juice. Gelatin made with colorless fruit juices such as cider should be slightly tinted with pure vegetable coloring.
    When using fresh pineapple or fresh pineapple juice, always heat to boiling point before adding to gelatin mixture or it will prevent congealing.

I use the Dole 100% juice like Orange Strawberry Banana and I added a cup of sliced strawberries.

My kids loved it too. I divided this recipe (with the fruit and the juice I used) and it was like 120 calories per serving.
    It really satisfied my sweet cravings.
  • merrycat
    merrycat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys - keep them coming! I'm going to try the home-made jello as soon as I can gram some gelatine packets. The pumkin and cake things sound pretty good too. The Jello Mousse sounds decadent too. I'm just craving a deliciously rich dessert, and I know I can't have it. Hopefully these will help curb that pesky sweet tooth.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I've had that mousse before, it made me think it was just like whipped up jello pudding! I figured, I'd rather do that myself! "D
  • spitfire423
    spitfire423 Posts: 21
    Options
    I keep the "lite" jello cups w fruit in them in the fridge, like orange jello w oranges in it or my fave is strawberry jello w peaches. Dump the jello cup into a juice glass and squirt fat free redi whip on top.

For me every thing tastes fancy w whipped cream haha... My redi whip can has saved me from many late night cookie or cake munching and kept me outa the doughnuts in the morning, when i top my plain jane coffee w whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
  • adrianamezam
    Options
    i like light yogurt with granola, honey and fruit...a home made parfiat! thats pretty much what i eat when i need something sweet, thankfully, i havent had a hard sweet craving (shocker! since i have a HUGE sweet tooth)