any ladies doing body for life?

Options
mom216
mom216 Posts: 287 Member
I am looking for ladies who are following Body for Life - I could use an "accountability partner" - I'm over 50 with 20lbs to lose. I managed to get to the gym today and eat healthy. I know it is a slow start - but (for me) it is progress.

Replies

• berry1231
    berry1231 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started today! I have about 50 to lose. I'm still trying to finish the book and find recipes.
  • mom216
    Options
    Yay!! I have 20 lbs to lose, and lots of "jiggle" to firm up. I too am just starting. A few years ago I was at my all time low of 118 lbs - it was way too thin for my frame. Now I just want to firm up & feel good in my clothes.
  • ekalcur
    ekalcur Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I will be starting on Monday the 8th!
  • mom216
    Options
    I look forward to this!!! I go to the gym for cardio/eliptical - and I was looking on youtube for at home exercises. My mini goals are to honestly plan, and track my food. plus go to the gym at least 4 times a week.
  • mom216
    Options
    What are your mini goals?
  • mom216
    Options
    Good morning! I started a blog to capture this journey - if you would like to keep in touch - send a friend request. I'm digging in my heels, preparing for battle with my stubborn fat!
  • berry1231
    Options
    Im interested!

There is a revised "body for life" program by the same guy who wrote the book. If you go to bodybuilding.com it is now called "Back to Fit". From what I can see, it's the same diet, I think the exercises have been slightly changed. The website has a TON of information, much more for this new program than I found for "body for life". You can track your exercise through their app, and it's very user friendly.
  • mom216
    Options
    Thank you!!! I'm eating my "mid-afternoon" snack right now, then off to the gym. B) Have a wonderful day!
  • berry1231
    Options
    So, from what I can see the difference in Body for Life and Back to Fit is that you do weight training 4x a week, cardio 2x a week on Back to Fit. Body for Life was weight training 3x a week, cardio 3x a week. I walk on average 6 miles a day, so I think Back to Fit might be better for me, as I need to incorporate more weight training. Thinking of doing a cardio run on arm days as well just so I get in 3 runs a week.

Leg day was hell.
  • mom216
    Options
    Sounds good! I'm taking it slow - I have a bad knee. A few years ago I worked with a trainer. The AB floor work put me in the hospital with a tear in my lower back. I'm not supposed to do anything that might cause further injury. I have been looking at youtube videos for more static exercises . Given my health history - if it hurts or my body doesn't feel right, I stop immediately. My way might be slower than most - but so far it is working.

I looked at taking fish oil or cod oil as an anti-inflammatory...... the side effects look worse than the pain.

My laugh for the day.... according to the scale..... I lost 5 lbs while I was sleeping. I know my body weight just fluctuates by 5 lbs (up and down) - so I didn't get all giddy. Now if the number stays down for a week or two - then maybe, just maybe I really did lose that much. :o
  • K_life
    K_life Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    All the best to you ladies. I am doing the workouts for the next 33 days before going on holiday. Want to do full 12 week routine later.
  • berry1231
    Options
    Finding it hard to get all my meals in, just not hungry now that it's getting so hot out. Work outs are going good, weight is slowly coming off.
  • mom216
    Options
    Just keep going - you are doing a great job!! I save a few calories for a nice protein shake at the end of the day!
    For me it took a couple of days or really spacing out smaller meals. Now I'm hungry every 3 hours (not always convenient) and I am satisfied with less food. I'm experimenting in the kitchen, finding healthy tasty alternatives. Today I tried baked zucchini:
    http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/appetizersandsnacks/r/Roasted-Zucchini-Rounds.htm

surprisingly good! :)

The exercise part is quite challenging for me - I have very little core strength - I just keep pushing myself. Think GPS - it doesn't care where you start - it just tells you how to get there! And if you get a little lost along the way... recalculating. B)