Subway

Options
I was confused about the flat bread sandwhich calories vs. normal bread calories. I have been buying 6in sandwiches because I didn't want to have double the calories. Anyways, I started to wonder why the flatbread would be the same amount of calories as a 6 inch wheat so I looked up the information online and if you get a flat bread sandwhich the calories that are shown are for a footlong flat bread sandwich. For instance, the flat bread orchard chicken salad sandwich with lettuce and tomato is 370 calories (that is for the full sandwhich) A 6 inch on wheat bread with orchard chicken salad, lettuce and tomato is 360 calories the footlong is 720 calories. You can double check the nutrition facts at:

http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/menu/freshfit_choices/orchard_chicken_salad/#

All of the entry's on MFP say a 6 inch sandwich is 370 for flatbread!!! All this time and I really had more calories I could have used.

Am I right in my calculations?

Replies

• jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If you find an entry in MFP food database that is incorrect it's ok to edit and correct it :wink:
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    According to their nutrition information, a footlong piece of flatbread would have 440 calories and a 6 inch would have 220. Footlong piece of wheat bread would have 420 calories and a 6 inch would have 210. The fillings for both should have the same calories, so identical sandwiches would have slightly more calories on the flat bread.
  • wicklessgal
    wicklessgal Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    According to their nutrition information, a footlong piece of flatbread would have 440 calories and a 6 inch would have 220. Footlong piece of wheat bread would have 420 calories and a 6 inch would have 210. The fillings for both should have the same calories, so identical sandwiches would have slightly more calories on the flat bread.

Can you give me the site where you found this nutrition information? I really want to be counting the correct amount of calories. The website I included in my original post is where I got the information that I had listed in my post. You click on nutrition facts below the picture and then click on your build to choose the bread, cheeses, veggies and sauce.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    It is a pdf file on their website (link below). If you look at the first two sections you can see that the 6 inch flatbread sandwiches all have 10 more calories than the 6 inch wheat. The stand alone bread nutrition is on the third page.

http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/Files/NutritionValues.pdf
  • wicklessgal
    wicklessgal Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It is a pdf file on their website (link below). If you look at the first two sections you can see that the 6 inch flatbread sandwiches all have 10 more calories than the 6 inch wheat. The stand alone bread nutrition is on the third page.

http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/Files/NutritionValues.pdf

thank you for the link!!
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I read on a nutrition sign at Subway that if you get the flatbread instead of the regular bread, to add 10 calories to that. The Flatbread is so good! :)