Feeling discouraged because it's not happening fast enough?

Options
californiagirl2012
californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
edited June 2015 in Motivation and Support
Discouraged-because-its-not-happening-fast-enough-Roberta-PCSO-gym-May-2015_zpsvtoihgbk.jpg

Feeling discouraged because it's not happening fast enough?

Feeling like giving up because it is so much work for no results, and the body weight scale isn't moving?

This seems to be the theme of every single email and message this weekend!

Give up that dang body weight scale for a bit. It's messing with your mind.

Guess what, the process works even when your scale is broken or hidden.

The scale does not give you the results.

Don't wait for the scale to make you happy. It can't.

There is a delayed reaction. Sometimes for up to 6 weeks there won't be a change (usually not that long but I've seen it happen). You are not gonna get instant gratification in this game.

In fact for almost everything worth something you won't get that kind of instant gratification.

Keep going with the process. Do the work.

Then suddenly whoosh.

It happens when you weren't even looking, you were SO FOCUSED ON THE PROCESS.

There are two options.

1 keep going regardless.

2 quit.

There is no door number 3.

Those are your options.

You can't really speed it up. Your body needs the gradual change. That's just how it is.

Besides there is so much more to the body than fat cells or muscle fibers.

Water. Inflammation. Sore muscles. Hormones. Digestion and more.

Let the body do what it needs to do. It is not a machine.

If you really want it:

Never
never
never
give
up

Probably one of the things I'm the most proud of is I'm not one of those fitness models on the internet who posts pictures of themselves 3 years ago at a photo shoot or whatever and WISHES they still looked like that.

I can post a picture on any given day and prove I walk the talk every day, even at age 54 and having maintained for 5 years. I won't apologize for it either. ;)<3

BOOM!
Never give up
Never settle
Live your dream

Roberta

Replies

• bzymommy5boyz
    bzymommy5boyz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great motivational pep talk! I needed it today.
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    Great motivational pep talk! I needed it today.

I'm glad it helped. It's seems many needed to hear this. <3B)

• ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I opened this post right now. Thank you :)
  • Jen2133
    Jen2133 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well timed! I originally thought I could lose 1 to 2 lbs per week, but now I see that the process is going to be much slower for someone of my size, and full of ups and downs. I've settled-in for the long haul and am focusing more on enjoying daily activity – running, crossfit, walking, mountain biking, and healthy food choices.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    This is a great reminder. It's so easy for me to give up when it isn't happening fast enough, when I know that if I just stick with it, it will happen.
  • skalkbrenn
    skalkbrenn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this post and may print it and post to my fridge for those days that I am discouraged
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    Jen2133 wrote: »
    Well timed! I originally thought I could lose 1 to 2 lbs per week, but now I see that the process is going to be much slower for someone of my size, and full of ups and downs. I've settled-in for the long haul and am focusing more on enjoying daily activity – running, crossfit, walking, mountain biking, and healthy food choices.

Perfect attitude. The rate of loss happens in "random chunks", it slows down as you have less body fat as well. And in general it can be slower for shorter people because 1 pound is a bigger percentage of your overall body.

• dayrae02
    dayrae02 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I actually had my husband hide my scale for the month of June. Time to get back to basics and focus on my fitness and nutrition. I was getting too bogged down with the numbers...it was making me miss all the victories I have been having along the way.
  • nutmeg86rb
    nutmeg86rb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you!