China Wedding 40lbs/8mo.

Options
las07s
las07s Posts: 150 Member
Hello everyone! :wink: My dearest friend in the whole world is getting married! This means that I'll be hopping on a plane to China in February for her wedding. I lived in China for a while in my early 20's and gained so much weight. Sadly, my bad habits stuck and I've never lost it. I've decided that I am not going back more than 5 years later at this weight. It's the final countdownnnn! :triumph: I've been on here for a number of months and have had a lot of success (-22 lbs), but now that the month (if not the exact date) is set, I officially have a goal!

:star:FEBRUARYYYYY :star:

40 lbs in 8 months for the February wedding. :smiley:

Does anyone have a set date that they need to lose weight by? Feel free to add me and we can work through this together. Nothing motivates like a deadline :mrgreen:

Replies

• prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I would like to be 38 more lbs down by 10/10 And than 20 more by April.
  • charleykayesmom
    charleykayesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great goals girls!!!! You can totally reach those if you put your mind to it! Gotta get that MINDSET going!
  • bonestm
    bonestm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do it! i am shooting for 25lb by Sept 1st.
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have a wedding in Thailand end of next March... I will have been a year on my journey by then so I'm hoping to have been maintaining a couple months by that point! I have 19 to my first goal and then probably another 10 or so!
  • jhard728
    jhard728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great goal and very attainable. I think OP deserves a round of applause for her planning. Seems like everyday you see one of these posts except the person wants to lose 30 pounds in 40 days or some ridiculous timeframe for the amount of weight. the great part about your timeline is it is plenty of time and allows you make progress and learn proper diet and exercise combinations to lose weight without starving yourself and falling into the black hole after the wedding. Best of luck!!!!!
  • las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    jhard728 wrote: »
    Great goal and very attainable. I think OP deserves a round of applause for her planning. Seems like everyday you see one of these posts except the person wants to lose 30 pounds in 40 days or some ridiculous timeframe for the amount of weight. the great part about your timeline is it is plenty of time and allows you make progress and learn proper diet and exercise combinations to lose weight without starving yourself and falling into the black hole after the wedding. Best of luck!!!!!

Why thank you! My overall goal should really be to "look great" for the wedding, as I am not so incredibly interested in the scale number as I am in how I feel. However, I find myself in a great place right now to both lose weight and gain muscle. My office has an enormous 3 story leach on site and it's so easy to use my lunch hour to kick my body into gear! I can definitely do 5 lbs a month with healthful eating and exercise, but most importantly I want my fitness to be on point. Do you have a goal in mind?