What do you eat for lunch?

Options
2»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    left overs: so chicken- chicken- more chicken- and beans and rice.
  • m_johannes
    m_johannes Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Typically.. chicken breast, beans, and a small salad.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I batch cook on weekends and freeze lunch portions. Right now I have chicken noodle soup, turkey and black bean chili and eggplant and sweet potato curry with rice.

This. I take a couple hours on Sunday and prep a bunch of fresh fruit/veggies and batch cook some proteins and veggies. Today for lunch I had bruschetta/mozzarella topped grilled chicken, roasted cauliflower, green beans and mixed fruit. All for under 600 calories! Way better than takeout! :)
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Today I had a peach salad with feta, red onion and balsamic dressing and a green smoothie. I'll alternate between peaches, strawberries, apples and pears. I might also have tuna.
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My usual work lunch is roast or grilled vegetables with some form of protein (fish, beans, sliced eggs, cottage cheese) and pasta, often cous cous. Usually with sweet chilli sauce. :)

Today, though? Today I went out and had a panini with tuna, peppers, and salad.
    Tomorrow will be leftover sausage and vegetable casserole.
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Tody, I had ground turkey, brown rice, spinach, and a protein bar. Now, I am sleepy.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I usually consume several snacks spread out over the course of the day...protein shake with oats, almonds, kashi bar, protein bar, etc.
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I usually have a big salad and some kind of protein like a hardboiled egg, chicken or cheese.

Me, too.... almost always a giant salad with tons of protein. It's my biggest meal of the day, otherwise I'm snacking all afternoon.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    sometimes left over dinner from the night before. But I try to always do a protein a veggie a fruit and yogurt. maybe bread if I do a sandwich
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Vanilla protein shake with non fat milk, and either PB2 mixed in or whatever fruit I have that week mixed in. I have one of those small personal blenders at work and can make quick shakes that way. Usually have some greek yogurt about 2 hours later just to keep my full until dinner.
  • graywi123
    graywi123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    On Sundays I bake chicken breasts for the whole week. I usually have one for lunch with lots of greens such as broccoli, peppers and/or spinach with a bit of lemon juice. If I happen to run out or forget I eat a wrap with turkey breasts, veggie packed and a bit of mustard.