Tips for 2 weeks without weight loss??

Options
I need all the little tricks or advice to help me get over this slump I'm in! I am tired of looking at the scale and it being the exact same! I only weigh myself once a week! I need it to budge by next monday or I think I just might eat my weight in chocolate and say screw it! :(

HELP!

Replies

• DMK710
    DMK710 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    EXERCISE AND DRINK WATER....LOG EVERYTHING YOU EAT AND DRINK. BE PATIENT!
  • Macy_R
    Macy_R Posts: 91
    Options
    EXERCISE AND DRINK WATER....LOG EVERYTHING YOU EAT AND DRINK. BE PATIENT!

I guess I need to get back to the basics! :)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You can try zig-zagging (run a search, there have been tons of posts about it today alone) or simply try upping your calories for a week, this could cause an initial gain, then a sudden (major) loss but when you have been too restrictive with calories or food your body can go into shock, even if you are netting you 1200 cals daily
  • mindyerin85
    mindyerin85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I am only supposed to lose a 1/2 pound a week, which is hardly reinforcement for all the hard work I feel like I'm doing. What I try to remind myself is that the scale is not everything. Muscle weighs more that fat, so if you are exercising you may be gaining more muscle! Pay more attention to how your clothes are fitting and how you feel. I also remind myself that I don't do it for the scale, I do it because it makes me feel good to be in control of my life. Losing weight is definitely a bonus, but maybe it shouldn't be the ultimate goal. I am with you though, I have been pretty discouraged myself. I wish results came immediately. But, at least you're maintaining your weight, without the work you may just steadily gain. Keep it up, use the food and exercise tracker, and I'm sure you will see results. You just have to stick with it.
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    stay within your goal calories... but drop the carbs... when you work out... don't eat the extra calories you burned... u need to have them to lose. build muscle & eat lean protein. skip the bread & any other carbs... only carb intake should be fruit & vegetable. make sure you are exercising 30 minutes or more some way or another 4-6 days per week.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Ok so I just checked out your food diary, now I tried to go back a week but nothing was logged. Today not only were you over in cals pretty much everything you ate was processed foods.

Try more natural fruits and veggies and lean proteins. This could make a dramatic change in your weight alone
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Looks like you just joined. Log your foods every day and stay within your calorie limit this site sets up for you. Try to avoid processed foods and fast foods (although not 100%...you have to treat yourself sometimes) and eat more fruits, veggies and whole foods. You will lose weight.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yes, lose the processed junk. I have EXACTLY the same problem. I can stay within my calorie goals but not lose weight at all if I'm eating packaged processed STUFF. Go for vegetables, fruits, nonfat greek yogurt (TONS of protien), lean protiens. Basically think about how much was done to it before it became what it was. The more fruits and veggies I eat, the quicker the weight comes off. All calories are not created equal.
  • BrokenAwake
    Options
    There is a lot of advice on this for you, most of which looks great. For success in this journey processed food has got to go, as Jack LaLane once said, "If it was made by man, don't eat it." Personally, I tend to lean towards a diet heavier in protein. Carbs are so easy to pick up I spend more time avoiding them than anything else. The second part of this is your exercise; aerobic exercise is important for the obvious calorie burn but probably more important is to incorporate a strength routine. Does not take much, 20-30 minutes a day and you will go far.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Just looking at your diary for today, it's all junk food and well over the calorie limit. You definitely won't lose weight eating like that, in fact, you'll probably gain. It's really pretty simple. Eat healthy, lo cal foods and lose weight. Eat junk, and don't.
  • Megn_11
    Megn_11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above advice. One other thing that has helped me is change the day you weigh in. I used to weigh in Monday mornings, but Sundays are my day of rest and sometimes a meal (a healthy meal) at a restaurant. Now I weigh myself on Wednesday - three days into my routine. I've noticed a HUGE difference! Best of luck towards your fitness goals!
  • Macy_R
    Macy_R Posts: 91
    Options
    hahaha thanks for all the tips about healthy food! I just started the journal today because when I saw the scale was the same I figured I needed something that was going to help me break this down a little better and to help me get on the right track!

You guys kinda hurt me a little making me feel bad about what I ate today, but it'll make me prove it to you that I can do better! haha that's motivation right there!
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Oh don't feel bad about what you've eaten! We've all been there too. None of us got to be overweight by eating fruits and veggies, lol!
  • a_dawn
    a_dawn Posts: 47
    Options
    Try to eat foods that will speed up your metabolism. Green tea is supposed to really help and it's good for you in other ways. Some great "super foods" are: blueberries, broccoli, oats, oranges, green tea, yogurt, tomatoes, turkey, spinach, beans/lentils, dark chocolate and apples. Try to incorporate these into your daily diet and hopefully you'll see a change. Good luck! You can do it!!! And btw, we've all had our moments when we've eaten things we shouldn't. The key is to not give up. Just get back on track and keep trying. You don't fail until you give up. :bigsmile:
  • jackthelad66
    Options
    This has been an interesting thread to me, and I like the fact that someone can look at your diary if you allow them too, and maybe see something they don't. I printed a few days of mine out and asked a two people at work (that have sound nutritional habits) to see if they noticed anything to suggest, but I got the cursory, "um, no- it looks okay to me".