What is the best exercises?

Options
what is the best exercises to do for belly fat and hips?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Continue eating at a deficit to lose fat. You can't choose where it comes off.

Cardio for cardiovascular health and help create a larger deficit. Resistance training to save LBM.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what Ardita said. Do some cardio and do some lifting.
  • acquiredgains
    acquiredgains Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeah like everyone said, there's no way you can lose fat from just one area. Just do lots of cardio and go on a calorie deficit like Ardita said. Also I would recommend strength training as well. It gives you muscles and helps burn fat!
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The best exercise is the one that you enjoy the most, is within your capabilities, and that you can participate in regularly.

• sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    PopeyeCT wrote: »
    The best exercise is the one that you enjoy the most, is within your capabilities, and that you can participate in regularly.

I totally agree with that. I joined the gym last year because I thought that is what you had to do to get in shape. I ended up hating it and I actually gained weight (cardio makes me so hungry). I finally cancelled my gym membership and started doing yoga. My clothes are finally getting looser. I think you have to pick something that you actually enjoy and will do.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Walking away from your plate.
  • Bononobonbon
    Bononobonbon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can't choose wear fat comes off, that's true. But if you lose weight and do strength and toning excersises for your abs and glutes etc you can work on getting a good s-line and waistline
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you can't spot reduce and the best exercise is the one you enjoy doing. If you don't like doing something, you won't stick with it and that means it won't work. Also, stick to a calorie deficit in your eating, which is really the key.

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yeah like everyone said, there's no way you can lose fat from just one area. Just do lots of cardio and go on a calorie deficit like Ardita said. Also I would recommend strength training as well. It gives you muscles and helps burn fat!

Cardio is not necessary but can create a larger deficit and is good for your cardiovascular system. She does not "need" to do lots if she chooses not to.

Strength training doesn't give you muscles, it gives you strength and help retain muscles while eating on a deficit which is a big difference.

OP I would suggest to keep your diet in a deficit and do resistance work that you enjoy. If you want to do cardio find something you enjoy as well. The key is to make it easy on yourself and not fighting yourself by doing something you hate and keep plugging along. Days turn into months, and months turn into years. Start with one day at a time.

• kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You can't spot reduce the bits you don't like so I'm going to say to create the deficit needed the best exercise is one you enjoy and can keep at to burn those extra calories without making yourself miserable and giving up.

• rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Try moves like these to strengthen your core:
    • Push-ups
    • RKC Planks
    • Single-leg hip thrusts

Strengthening your core can help with your posture. Standing tall always helps. This along with cardio can help put you in a caloric deficit.
  • mrsbosslady0709
    mrsbosslady0709 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Walking away from your plate.
    I don't eat a lot so walking away from my plate isn't a problem.....
  • mrsbosslady0709
    mrsbosslady0709 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Butt clenches! You just sit down and clench your butt cheeks together as tightly as possible. Holding your breath and clenching your eyes adds more muscle groups to the mix. And the anaerobic aspect of it will help increase caloric burn because more calories are burned by CO2 than normal air. I've lost 50 pounds this way!
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    The best exercises are the ones you enjoy. Compound movements provide more "bang for you buck" and your legs burn the most calories during and after strength exercises.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Burpees - by far the most efficient compound movement out there currently.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I will echo that the best exercise is one (or several) that you enjoy and are willing to continue. That is going to be different for everyone.