Late at night and under calories.

Options

Replies

• CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I probably would reach for milk. Put some in a mug and warm it up with a little vanilla and a little bit of sweetener (honey, sugar, or whatever you normally use.) It will be a dessert for you, but the warm milk will actually help you sleep better. It's what my Mom would do for me as a kid when I couldn't sleep. :flowerforyou:
    milk late at night?

I've heard that milk and fruits are horrible late at night. Am I wrong?
    milk can cause u to get thrush late at night..
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I probably would reach for milk. Put some in a mug and warm it up with a little vanilla and a little bit of sweetener (honey, sugar, or whatever you normally use.) It will be a dessert for you, but the warm milk will actually help you sleep better. It's what my Mom would do for me as a kid when I couldn't sleep. :flowerforyou:
    milk late at night?

Interesting, I had never heard of that before... (Now I'm going to go google it until I understand it all properly, lol.)
  • qued3point14
    qued3point14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That happened to me yesterday. So I went to Steak n Shake and got a Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake - which has over 1000 calories. :)
  • CriticalX
    Options
    i got it when i was a teenage working out bc i use to drink milk before bed. its just like sore throat no fun!
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    i got it when i was a teenage working out bc i use to drink milk before bed. its just like sore throat no fun!
    No fun at all! Then maybe nuts would be the best way to go... or possibly a protein shake as someone posted? But I'm thinking nuts.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    milk late at night?

Can't find anything that discusses this - do you have a source? Thrush is the result of suppressed immune system and/or imbalance in natural bacteria (it is essentially a yeast infection in the mouth). Now, anything with sugar can contribute to thrush - but if you brush your teeth (and tongue, cheeks, etc) like you're supposed to, this should never be a problem for most healthy people.
  • qued3point14
    Options
    Also, Milk doesn't cause thrush. Ask a doctor, or atleast google it.
  • CriticalX
    Options
    That happened to me yesterday. So I went to Steak n Shake and got a Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake - which has over 1000 calories. :)
    wow!!! u cant take in 1000 calories in one sitting.
  • qued3point14
    Options
    yes, you can. I did... I am anorexic and fighting it... so just making sure I get my daily calorie goal is what we are going for here. Why would you say that I can't?
  • qued3point14
    Options
    PLUS! Regular people do it all the time by drinking milkshakes or "fancy" coffee drinks or even by eating chinese food. (or at a buffet... or just a really rich big meal.) - I don't, but people do it all the time!
  • CriticalX
    Options
    Also, Milk doesn't cause thrush. Ask a doctor, or atleast google it.
    a doctor told me it did. when i had to go to doctor about it.
  • qued3point14
    Options
    Doctors aren't perfect. I don't expect all to know all. But I would expect THAT to be something that you could find information about. I would disagree w/ that doctor, but perhaps I AM wrong. However, please tell me why it is I can't have 1k calories at once.
  • CriticalX
    Options
    milk late at night?

Can't find anything that discusses this - do you have a source? Thrush is the result of suppressed immune system and/or imbalance in natural bacteria (it is essentially a yeast infection in the mouth). Now, anything with sugar can contribute to thrush - but if you brush your teeth (and tongue, cheeks, etc) like you're supposed to, this should never be a problem for most healthy people.
    how u brush u throat?jw
  • a9ramos
    a9ramos Posts: 7
    Options
    How about strained greek yogurt 0%? That is totally filling.
  • qued3point14
    Options
    you brush your whole tongue, cheeks and gums and the throat part won't happen.
  • sashaverlene
    sashaverlene Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I believe it's caused by drinking BAD milk and that's why some babies get it.
  • carolrayes
    carolrayes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat them all that late at night - you'll never sleep with your poor body working to digest it all night. I would go for a good lean protein like a shake or something, at least your body will use it if it needs it!
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Eat something high in protein. It will help your metablism stay charged up over night.
  • qued3point14
    Options
    yes, this is what I've read, too.